Ki Sung-gone

Guest ManDoon

I presume Ki didn't have the last 6 months of his contract paid up? If not, good of him to sacrifice that money in order to be released. Rangers were rumoured to be interested in him earlier in the month.

He'd be brave going there.

Guest neesy111

I presume Ki didn't have the last 6 months of his contract paid up? If not, good of him to sacrifice that money in order to be released. Rangers were rumoured to be interested in him earlier in the month.

He's played for Celtic, no chance.

He was a good professional and wasn't too bad when we played him, the issue with him is that he's not the type of player that will end up contributing much to either the defense or the attack, in our current way of playing football he was always going to suffer.

Very likely he clocked Bruce was a gimp early on and was sidelined because of it. Probably wanted to learn tactics and other pesky advanced training concepts that potato heed is incapable of teaching. Fuck this club.

Don’t share the same love for Ki like a lot of people do on here. He had handful of decent games, a really good standout match v Watford iirc but for the most part he looked way too passive to me. On the ball he kept possession well but without it watching him jog around used to infuriate the balls off me. He’s got a great cv but he just isn’t up to Premier League standard from what I’ve seen and I wouldn’t like to have seen him get game time over either of the Longstaffs, Shelvey or Hayden. It sort of makes sense that if we couldn’t sell him we’d release him as we needed a place in the squad.

Not great but considering the poor form of the longstaff brothers it does bother me he wasn't given a shot. Bruce may be right not physical and mobile enough but he is a good passer unlike anyone else in squad. Bruce clearly doesnt value passing the ball at all

Hayden is better, Bentaleb is better if he can discover his past form and Shelvey has been a big contributor for the side, despite his many deficiencies. I more interested in developing the Longstaff brothers as long term prospects than giving minutes to Ki (the club seem to agree), so there is not really a place for him in the squad. He was an astute signing at the time and was helpful at periods last season, but it is best for all parties that he moves on. I do not rate him too highly, but he won't struggle to find a contract elsewhere.

I think I missed this big contribution from Shelvey.

Isn't he our top scorer? :lol:

Yes, by a clear three goals. I don't see how you are so readily discounting goals, Ian, in a team where the strikers have scored 1 all season. He has scored more than Joelinton, Carroll, Almiron, ASM, and Atsu combined. :lol:

Would have rather got Sean a loan to the championship to be honest. Ki played a very important role last year. Will be missed and has been missed already I feel.

Agree with this

Bruce doesn't know how to play a system or Ki so it's pointless. Might as well fuck off.

I think I missed this big contribution from Shelvey.

Isn't he our top scorer? :lol:

Yes, by a clear three goals. I don't see how you are so readily discounting goals, Ian, in a team where the strikers have scored 1 all season. He has scored more than Joelinton, Carroll, Almiron, ASM, and Atsu combined. :lol:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Never looked fit enough to me and played in a very limited area of the pitch around the halfway line. Good luck to him, he looks like someone who needs a long run of games and he didn’t show enough to get that here.