Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

I fucking despise that bastard, its like someone distilled all the worst things you could think of about modern footballers and put it into him

This seems like an overreaction but having watched this game I think I agree  :lol:

Brazil have been quietly getting the job done, unlike the other big nations. Generally playing well too, although they'll not be remembered as a Holland '74 or Brazil '70.

It's got to be either them or France. Oh, erm..... IT'S COMING HOME.

Brazil have been quietly getting the job done, unlike the other big nations. Generally playing well too, although they'll not be remembered as a Holland '74 or Brazil '70.

It's got to be either them or France. Oh, erm..... IT'S COMING HOME.

Whoever wins this World Cup will be the poorest team since I have been following football, and possibly before that.

I have seen nothing from Brazil to be fearful of, not of any other team.

Really havent been that impressed by Neymar so far.

His contributions have been tapping the ball in twice & that break away there against an open defence.

Willian looked more effective in this game & was the one that actually opened it up.

Guest firetotheworks

Literally every single club has a player who dives. Every single one. I assume Martin O Neil says the same about Shane Long?

Aye, but the level of moral outrage increases with the level of cuntery. Neymar's a Pepe level shithouse when it comes to diving and play acting, someone like Shane Long is probably nearer to someone like Shearer or Keane when people like Neymar are skewing the scale.

Literally every single club has a player who dives. Every single one. I assume Martin O Neil says the same about Shane Long?

Aye, but the level of moral outrage increases with the level of cuntery. Neymar's a Pepe level shithouse when it comes to diving and play acting, someone like Shane Long is probably nearer to someone like Shearer or Keane when people like Neymar are skewing the scale.

Idk Long dives constantly, its not as theatric but he's a serially cheater.

The difference imo is that nobody expects much from Shane Long. He’s a bog standard footballer.

Neymar is presumably one of the three best players in the world, why does he need to flop around like an absolute bellend if he’s such an awesome player?

Guest firetotheworks

Idk Long dives constantly, its not as theatric but he's a serially cheater.

Probably gets away with it because he doesn't roll around like he's having a fit. Still a shit, as they all are, but I think it's the theatrics, pretending to be dying, and trying to get opposition players sent off that wind people up more than anything. You'd think he'd think that him breaking his back might have been karma, but he's gotten way worse.

Guest firetotheworks

Neymar does get kicked a lot but spends a lot of time inviting fouls rather than eluding them, so I've little sympathy on that score tbh.

Good point, he's a proper WUM. He made Behrami feel like a people's champion against Switzerland after Neymar had tried to make it all about him imo.

Neymar does get kicked a lot but spends a lot of time inviting fouls rather than eluding them, so I've little sympathy on that score tbh.

I'm surprised how often he invites them tbh, one day he'll get seriously injured because of it and most people will just reference crying Wolf.

Neymar's rolling around before was ridiculous but it's going to happen all the time now with VAR. For something sly and hidden like what Layun did, players now have a justified reason to put on a display and try and get the video referees to look at it.

Neymar's rolling around before was ridiculous but it's going to happen all the time now with VAR. For something sly and hidden like what Layun did, players now have a justified reason to put on a display and try and get the video referees to look at it.

Yea, like everything else, VAR is a double edge sword on theatrics. Rewards it in those cases where an ankle stomp might otherwise be uncaught, while making sure blatant dives where people throw themselves about without being touched aren't rewarded.