Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

Fucking hate Suarez and his playacting, not to mention how fucking negative Uruguay are - not that Portugal aren't negative, but not to the fucking degree Uruguay are negative. One of the worst refs so far this WC as well.

Uruguay-France should be tasty

Hope France do ‘em

I have a weird, explainable hatred towards France for some reason :lol:

Uruguay for me.

This France side is likeable though.

Uruguay for me.

The Ronaldo hate in here :lol:

Harsh on Portugal, but they had a moment of naive defending and Uruguay didn't. Fine margin in a great game. Could have been a worthy semi-final IMO.

Uruguay-France should be tasty

Hope France do ‘em

I have a weird, explainable hatred towards France for some reason :lol:

Uruguay for me.

This France side is likeable though.

Uruguay for me.

I like this new crop of players, but I don't rate Giroud and I hate Deschamps. He deserves no success.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't know who's coming up the pipeline from Argie youth football, but now's a good a time as ever to wipe the slate clean. With the exception of maybe Otamendi, I wouldn't keep a single one of those defenders around going forward. Dump Perez, Meza, Biglia, Banega, Salvio, and Di Maria. Build around the likes of Dybala, Icardi, Pavon, Lo Celso, Lautaro.

Tagliafico & Banega (getting on) have been decent like. Icardi, Dybala & Pavon sounds good going forward though. Messi could obviously still be on the scene & effective in 4 years if he stays fit.

Even if Messi's legs and agility go he could easily perform the Riquelme role at 34/35. Hope he doesn't retire because he has another WC in him if he wants it.

Messi isn’t someone who can slow the game down, that’s not and never will be his game even as he ages. He’s finished at this (iternational) level now. A sub at best in 4 years time, but I feel his inclusion may be a detriment to the whole pysche or team dynamic of Argentina at that stage. Like taking Maradona to ‘98...

I'm sure this will cause heart palpitations for lots on here but neither Messi or Ronaldo were any good today.

The first game aside for Ronaldo, neither of them had a great tournament.

Guest neesy111

I'm sure this will cause heart palpitations for lots on here but neither Messi or Ronaldo were any good today.

Both were poor across the tournament.