Quarter-finals: URU 0-2 FRA; BRA 1-2 BEL; SWE 0-2 ENG; RUS 2-2 CRO(p)

Greg

Neymar falls normally not looking for a penalty and "theatrically falls" apparently [emoji38]

Fellaini has been really good at stopping Brazil

Aye, he’s been really good. Frees up De Bruyne to move up the pitch - much better in that position than as some sort of quarter back.

Since Belgium stopped Neymar and Marcelo on the left Brazil have nothing. Willian isn't suited to this team and all Coutinho does is take a brilliant shot every once in a while

Fucking Lukaku man. Such a joy to watch, has it all. De Bruyne has to be the best passer of a ball I've ever seen as well. Pure filth that Belgium side when they're on.

Neymar falls normally not looking for a penalty and "theatrically falls" apparently [emoji38]

Fellaini has been really good at stopping Brazil

Aye, he’s been really good. Frees up De Bruyne to move up the pitch - much better in that position than as some sort of quarter back.

Yeah, pushing DeBruyne further up is so good too see.

He's too dangerous in those positions further forward not to be played there.

I find Brazil so frustrating. Neymar's histrionics aside, I do think they are the best team to watch and the best side in the tournament, but they're so tactically naive sometimes and they panic and overcommit so much when they go behind.

I find Brazil so frustrating. Neymar's histrionics aside, I do think they are the best team to watch and the best side in the tournament, but they're so tactically naive sometimes and they panic and overcommit so much when they go behind.

I think they're a bit boring.

They try to get Neymar to do something all the time, and don't play through Coutinho enough.

Willian also keeps it way too simple all the time. Take someone on man, or drift about or something.

Not that enjoyable to watch.

Since Belgium stopped Neymar and Marcelo on the left Brazil have nothing. Willian isn't suited to this team and all Coutinho does is take a brilliant shot every once in a while

This was my problem coming into the tournament, stop Neymar and they have very little else when it comes to creating chances.

Think Brazil would look more interesting with Firmino in the front 4 ahead of Willian.

Maybe Neymar left, Coutinho right and Firmino playing off Jesus.

And there you go.

Yeah, think it's the right move.

Don't really rate Martinez but fair play, this is the first time where I've felt like Belgium look like a team and their star players actually look like stars.

People have such static views on football. 

Martinez is a studious football manager with strengths and weaknesses.  That become apparent based on the situation. 

I’m honestly not sure of how much club management has in correlation with nations team management.  Ditto managing Real or Barnet - different skill set requests.