Quarter-finals: URU 0-2 FRA; BRA 1-2 BEL; SWE 0-2 ENG; RUS 2-2 CRO(p)

Greg

Imagine a world where the US wins the World Cup.

Goodness me.

[emoji38] We can't even f***ing qualify. It's never coming home.

Well given how football wasn't created in the US it can never go home to US, it can go to the slightly retarded ankles house, but not home. :p

Goodness me.

[emoji38] We can't even fucking qualify. It's never coming home.

What if trump was still on office, would you want to ?

Hell no.

Goodness me.

:lol: Is this a serious debate for Americans? I don't care if a Pol Pot, Stalin, Idi Amin triumvirate is running my country. I still would want to win the World Cup. In the nineties, Abacha was executing dissidents and stealing billions from the coffers, while the country declined. Everyone still wanted to win.

There is 100% chance America will make the semifinals in 2026, fwiw.

Goodness me.

:lol: Is this a serious debate for Americans? I don't care if a Pol Pot, Stalin, Idi Amin triumvirate is running my country. I still would want to win the World Cup. In the nineties, Abacha was executing dissidents and stealing billions from the coffers, while the country declined. Everyone still wanted to win.

There is 100% chance America will make the semifinals in 2026, fwiw.

You just know Trump will force the team to go to the White House and hold Jules Rimet aloft, "we have the best cup, biggest cup!"

Guest Howaythetoon

What has happened to Brazil? I’m obviously no expert when it comes to World football, but they were considered a fave for the tournament, but have looked extremely average and although I always fancy them to up there game in one of matches because it’s Brazil and they do have Neymar and Countinho, it just didn’t happen and now they are out.

The two I mentioned, Neymar for me is arguably the 3rd or 4th best player on the planet (although a distance behind the two you know who’s) and Countinho even though he’s not at his level, is someone who can influence a game, but all tournament they haven’t shown enough and the set of the squad just seems average.

Is it their turn to go through a period of not enough quality coming through or is it down to tactics, team selections or all 3?

Neymar again is a great player, but he seems to try to hard and doesn’t seem to play with a sense of joy. Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Rivaldo the fron’t men when they last won it made things look easy and never seemed to have to work so hard.

They just don’t look like how you would consider a Brazil side these days, no flair, no imiagination, no aura.

Is it because of how Europe has influenced their tactics, their players mindset etc.?

I’d be more worried if I were a Brazilian about my national side than if I were a Germán about Germany or even an Italian, with Italy not even making it.

Belgium have in Hazzard and De Bruyne  two of the best, but Brazil have two all the same, but I fancied Belgium and that conveyor belt of Brazilian flair and talent seems to evade all but the likes of Neymar who is becoming more and more their one hope.

Firminho should have started up front for me and as much as I like Willian, I feel he isn’t suited to how he’s been played or with these players.

It’s a shame, because I love Brazil, it’s Brazil man, they invoke in everyone the beautiful game. My 4 year old loves them.

I think this could be a dark period for them.