Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

He's got so much stamina, that this high intensity pressing system works well for him, because it plays to his strengths, He's also unlearning all the mistakes that Bruce put into him, great performance from him today, hope to see him continue to grow as a player 

He was piss poor in the first half but very good in the 2nd. Also didn't look gassed after 70 minutes like usual. I hope Howe can work his magic on him as well - there *might* still be potential here-

If he could eliminate his slow movement on the ball, he would be a truly special player

Work rate is first class and his defensive game is first class, he has at times been compared tho Carrick…….Carrick didn’t cover the ground the way Shaun does.

Excellent game.

20 minutes ago, Wild Geese said:

If he could eliminate his slow movement on the ball, he would be a truly special player

Work rate is first class and his defensive game is first class, he has at times been compared tho Carrick…….Carrick didn’t cover the ground the way Shaun does.

Excellent game.

Agreed.

I'm excited to see how he develops over the coming years.

I am not sure he'll ever have that level of ability re Carrick in regards to setting a tempo and controlling the flow a game, but it's great to see such a massive improvement.

Onwards and upwards for him, hopefully he stays clear of injuries.

1 hour ago, Holloway said:

More like a Nicky Butt (before he came here)

Nothing like Nicky Butt tbh, pre or at toon. Completely different player. Actually underrated.

Just needs to speed up his decision making at times, he was as good as Bruno today and some of the stuff he does goes unnoticed.

I'm not huge fan boy but it's nice to see him do well and he gets far too much shit for a young, local lad who has not missed a game getting us to 4th.

14 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Nothing like Nicky Butt tbh, pre or at toon. Completely different player. Actually underrated.

Just needs to speed up his decision making at times, he was as good as Bruno today and some of the stuff he does goes unnoticed.

I'm not huge fan boy but it's nice to see him do well and he gets far too much shit for a young, local lad who has not missed a game getting us to 4th.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, I think he's very similar

If he smartens up his passing and occasional dithering on the ball we have a very good player on our hands

5 minutes ago, Holloway said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, I think he's very similar

If he smartens up his passing and occasional dithering on the ball we have a very good player on our hands

Yeah, Longstaff is very much a box-to-box CM who is popping up all over the pitch. Nothing like Butt imo.