Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I’m probably gonna rehash what’s on the previous page but I think Sean is so fucking great.

When I watch our replays and highlights, I always look for him on the pitch when we score to see his reaction. It’s sad as fuck, but he is living all of our dreams playing for NUFC and I’m just chuffed for him. 

This team is making me into a fucking creep. Im consuming so much content and just gushing 24/7. I’ve started following players instagrams and liking their photos.

I’m fucking 36 years old.

4 hours ago, Weezertron said:

I’m probably gonna rehash what’s on the previous page but I think Sean is so fucking great.

When I watch our replays and highlights, I always look for him on the pitch when we score to see his reaction. It’s sad as fuck, but he is living all of our dreams playing for NUFC and I’m just chuffed for him. 

This team is making me into a fucking creep. Im consuming so much content and just gushing 24/7. I’ve started following players instagrams and liking their photos.

its nice you are enjoying the success of the team and the individual players but like many of us here you probably need to focus on your own life more e.g. building relationships, career, helping people. Dont just focus so much on NUFC/football haha.

6 hours ago, Weezertron said:

I'm 59 son, it's 5.30am and I'm reading this. 

Went to bed last night at 10.30pm and the last thing I did was watch the Matchcam. 

I'm dreaming I'm 16 again, brilliant and CM for us. 

I've put my cynicism to bed and eat and breathe NUFC content now. 

• 1 month later...

Don’t normally go out of my way to praise Sean as he does a lot of the ugly stuff that isn’t necessarily spectacular but his defensive work off the ball is massive for us. I’d love it if he didn’t dwell so long on the ball and show more quality going forward but he empties the tank every single game  and cuts out a lot of attacks before they even develop 

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I actually thought he was pretty poor today and our worst player. 

Can’t fault a single player out there today. Hadn’t even tried to think who the “worst” was until seeing your post. Still wouldn’t know. 

Reaping the benefits of quality coaching. He’ll come up short quality wise at times, but he gets in the right positions and he’s developed a good engine to cause teams problems. He might not be the one to play the killer ball but the off the ball movement allows others to deal the damage. 

I can imagine he’s a joy to coach. 

5 minutes ago, simonsays said:

He played well.  He still wants too much time on the ball on occasion though.

Yup. Always gets caught on the ball in the DM position. He's much better further forward. Can't fault his work rate either.

1 minute ago, Klaus said:

Yup. Always gets caught on the ball in the DM position. He's much better further forward. Can't fault his work rate either.

Don't think anyone can. For me (today also a few times), he's guilty of misplaced passes and losing the ball, which lead to dangerous attacks. He's twice the player that we saw under Bruce though. 

On 15/11/2022 at 04:29, kenlau88210 said:

its nice you are enjoying the success of the team and the individual players but like many of us here you probably need to focus on your own life more e.g. building relationships, career, helping people. Dont just focus so much on NUFC/football haha.

Odd thing to say, it's a Newcastle united forum why are you giving out "life advice" cringey stuff

On 15/11/2022 at 05:37, Groundhog63 said:

Ps I've had a pop at Longstaff & his, occasional, lack of urgency but he doesn't half put a shift in. 

As stated above, if you watch him closely he's everywhere. 

Our current midfield must be a fucking nightmare to play against 

I can't believe how well he's playing, it's lightyears difference

On 15/11/2022 at 05:37, Groundhog63 said:

Ps I've had a pop at Longstaff & his, occasional, lack of urgency but he doesn't half put a shift in. 

As stated above, if you watch him closely he's everywhere. 

Our current midfield must be a fucking nightmare to play against 

Midfield ? The entire team are irritants, just fucking annoying. From the furthest forward to the last man at the back. Opposition players are at home having meals with their families and twitching and flinching worried that Miggy will sweep in to steal their last Roastie or Dan Burn will be in their wardrobe waiting for them.

7 hours ago, madras said:

Midfield ? The entire team are irritants, just fucking annoying. From the furthest forward to the last man at the back. Opposition players are at home having meals with their families and twitching and flinching worried that Miggy will sweep in to steal their last Roastie or Dan Burn will be in their wardrobe waiting for them.

? Mrs just nipped upstairs for a lie down, Big Jow in there too!