Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Will hopefully be benched when Shelvey's good to go and we'll see him make sub appearances up until Christmas.

I feel he needs to be pushed down the pecking order because he's just not good enough, just like Murphy.

They've both had their chances but just don't make the grade and we'll be upgrading on them in the next year?

Edited by Willow

He was fine, made to look a little lightweight and sloppy because of how Everton pressed aggressively with Gueye, Iwobi and Onana in the midfield. He'll be out the team in a few games time and used in the last 20 minutes to steady things after Shelvey is fully fit and ready to start again.

Still annoying how he gets caught on the ball and always wants an extra touch. But his energy is nuts. The cunt is everywhere :lol: 

I don’t know what Howe will do in terms of playing someone in that deeper role. As nobody seems to play it in the current midfield 3. But his workrate for games like today is really important. 

8 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Still annoying how he gets caught on the ball and always wants an extra touch. But his energy is nuts. The cunt is everywhere :lol: 

I don’t know what Howe will do in terms of playing someone in that deeper role. As nobody seems to play it in the current midfield 3. But his workrate for games like today is really important. 

Last 20 he was unbelievable pressing.

That's his best performance in our shirt today for me. Almost a 10/10, he was absolutely everywhere, intelligent in the challenge, didn't waste the ball & even hustled himself an assist. Fantastic work Sean and keep it up

11 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

This is a real niggle for me. Having said that, he is playing in a winning team and I would be reluctant to change anything. Deserves his place.

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

That's his best performance in our shirt today for me. Almost a 10/10, he was absolutely everywhere, intelligent in the challenge, didn't waste the ball & even hustled himself an assist. Fantastic work Sean and keep it up

Yeah he was terrific; easily the best of a midfield three which totally won the midfield battle. He delayed on a pass which led to a Spurs counter early on, but other than that it was such a good performance. Never gave his opposite numbers a second's peace and used the ball well when he had it. Love to see him doing well. 

I still think his major weakness is the time he takes on the ball but his off-the-ball work matches everyone else in the team, he did a cracking header to put Almiron in for our second goal. Hope he can make it as a squad player but I just think his technique will hold him back as we begin to yet higher quality players in

Whatever you think of him, he still pops up with the assists. Off the ball he's an absolute workhorse like Almiron, it's no coincedence that him being the right-sided midfielder with Almiron ahead of him results in us winning the ball back so often.

He's a 5/6 out of 10 most of the time he puts on the shirt. Happy to have him in the squad but we all need to keep this momentum and league positions going he is an upgrade area and should be a bench wamer no more. 

41 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Aye I don't get the hate for him. He's not great but he rarely does anything that bad either. He had the key years of his development stunted by Mrs Doubtfire after all.

That contract extension was a really, really shrewd decision tbh. He's rarely spectacular but he's been a very dependable member of the squad so far this season. There's good eggs everywhere but he (alongside Miggy tbf) sets the tone in terms of relentless pressing and tireless running as much as much as anyone. It's his shirt ahead of Willock's atm in terms of Shelvey coming back in, imo.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I must be blind like, I thought he was the worst of the 3 because of the times he got caught on the ball, but I thought that all 3 played well.

I thought Bruno was sloppy on the ball all game tbh; certainly lacked the precision we've come to expect. Forgivable given the mental fatigue he'll inevitably have been feeling come kick off.

Right now the only thing I could say is that he sometimes is too slow on the ball, like when he lost it up by the tottenham box because he couldnt turn fast enough/decide fast enough what to do so he just gets nicked with ease.

19 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I thought Bruno was sloppy on the ball all game tbh; certainly lacked the precision we've come to expect. Forgivable given the mental fatigue he'll inevitably have been feeling come kick off.

I'll have to watch it again because aside from Bruno going down and not getting a foul, I don't remember him being sloppy.

He wasnt sloppy. Didn’t make many impressive passes but kept us ticking and rarely lost the ball. Won simple but important freekicks too. Thought he was slightly sloppy vs ManU but good and heavily involved today.

Edited by Ikon