Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

7 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Been dreadful since coming back from that injury 

Agreed, he's like a different player. Could be a case he was brought back too early, seems a yard short of pace, constantly labouring on the ball and trying to buy free kicks but getting it all wrong

5 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Damn, so that really was just some flukey form. Enough to con us into thinking he was something else. But he's just average.

Or he’s been rushed back from injury and isn’t quite right like a lot of our players? Don’t be so short sighted man.

7 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Damn, so that really was just some flukey form. Enough to con us into thinking he was something else. But he's just average.

He's the same as Almiron, Krafth etc. A really good squad player but not first team material.

10 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Slow in recovery and weak in possession. What in the heck happened???

He’s always been pretty weak in possession, plays for fouls that aren’t there every match. Infuriating it hasn’t been coached out of him. 

3 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

He’s always been pretty weak in possession, plays for fouls that aren’t there every match. Infuriating it hasn’t been coached out of him. 

He's just not that gifted, he's a workhorse basically. The difference is immediately obvious when you compare Miley's use of the ball and his eye for a pass. Longstaff's main asset is his running off the ball, but he's just not so good on it.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

He's the same as Almiron, Krafth etc. A really good squad player but not first team material.

Sadly I think we’ve got a lot of players like that, whom have become cult like heroes over the last year but actually aren’t good enough to be in any top 6 team (Murphy is another one). 

15 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Not sure what annoys me more…The diving shit he does or his inability to make a tactical foul when the opposition are on the counter.

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Today was particularly bad

That trick of his, when he just falls over and gormlessly looks at the ref waiting a free kick is beyond infuriating, I call it a trick but that suggests it works when it just fails and gets us into trouble

Every game he does it and never learns.

59 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Sadly I think we’ve got a lot of players like that, whom have become cult like heroes over the last year but actually aren’t good enough to be in any top 6 team (Murphy is another one). 

We’re still a championship squad with some champions league players. It’s thanks to the manager that we did what we did last season. 

He seems to be a player best operating at peak fitness, with a defined role, and the time to work his way into games.

He doesn't look fit, and the team shape has been all over the place for the last few games for various reasons, so his limitations get exposed more.

I'm not going to single him out too much; still think he can be a useful squad player while more pressing positions get upgraded or replaced.