Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Bring Hayden back quickly and gets some steal in that midfield until we get better Longstaff is just invisible in our matches of late leaves bruno with far to much to do as I think he gets caught in two minds whether to push forward or sit. Which leaves our midfield Wideopen when we lose it. 

On 26/12/2023 at 15:55, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I would say this because I don’t rate him, but I don’t think he’s ever been very good. 

When he first came into the team under Rafa he looked so composed on the ball. 

Sometimes Howe should tell him or someone just to stay goal side is the ball and break up attacks before they get into the back 4. 

On 26/12/2023 at 10:58, mouldy_uk said:

Sadly I think we’ve got a lot of players like that, whom have become cult like heroes over the last year

Or rather, players appreciated by many for being essential to getting us to our highest league finish in what, 20 years?

He's never reached the standard he achieved under Rafa when Man U supposedly wanted him.

To me he now offers very little. He can run but not very fast, can't tackle, can't shoot, can't head the ball and not the greatest passer either.

9 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

He's never reached the standard he achieved under Rafa when Man U supposedly wanted him.

To me he now offers very little. He can run but not very fast, can't tackle, can't shoot, can't head the ball and not the greatest passer either.

Eh? Did you watch him at all last season?

9 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Eh? He's a lot better player now than he was under Benitez imo. Granted he was terrible yesterday.

We have a problem where our CMs look absolutely terrible if they have to play on the opposite side than they're used to. Both the Joe's were awful when they've played on the right, Longstaff and Tonali both similarly looked poor playing on the left. 

1 hour ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

There was a moment he froze on the ball yesterday.. you could see him thinking what to do and by then two players had closed him down.

That happens in a lot of games, he's a player who likes time on the ball, when he's pressed aggressively he ends up getting rushed into a bad touch or a wayward pass.

39 minutes ago, TRon said:

That happens in a lot of games, he's a player who likes time on the ball, when he's pressed aggressively he ends up getting rushed into a bad touch or a wayward pass.

Yep, it’s the biggest weakness in his game for me.  He dawdles on the ball quite a bit.  I do think he’s improved this under Howe, but it’s difficult to imagine it being ironed out completely

18 hours ago, andycap said:

Bring Hayden back quickly and gets some steal in that midfield until we get better Longstaff is just invisible in our matches of late leaves bruno with far to much to do as I think he gets caught in two minds whether to push forward or sit. Which leaves our midfield Wideopen when we lose it. 

Lock the entire forum. Hayden [emoji38]