Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I think Bruce is a big factor. Every player is looking shit bar Maximin, and that's because he does everything himself and doesn't need to rely on team play. The formation is crap and we have no movement. Looks like there is no coaching bar hoof the ball as far up the field as you can.

Yep. Couldn’t agree more.

Rafa is obsessive about giving players very detailed instructions. Down to which foot they should be using in certain situations.

This must have been tremendous for a young guy like him, who clearly has the athleticism, ability and desire to compete in this league.

Now he's stuck with a manager that has no instructions or advice to give him. His career is pretty much done. He'll be hoping Man Utd come back in and can see that Bruce is messing him up.

If not, he's done. He'll show no progress again going forward and will end up a no mark player. Frightening how quickly fortunes can change under the wrong leadership. So tragic for Newcastle that it's going to end up this way for him.

I think Bruce is a big factor. Every player is looking shit bar Maximin, and that's because he does everything himself and doesn't need to rely on team play. The formation is crap and we have no movement. Looks like there is no coaching bar hoof the ball as far up the field as you can.

Yup. 

Yep. Couldn’t agree more.

Sean had a bad game but all good. He’s still a proper player.

he's either really, really struggling with confidence from injuries or he's not digging it all all under bruce (or both i guess)

when he came in for Ki last year he took over the way Ki was playing (before that it had been Shelvey long ball tripe) and everything he did was forward looking and with intent to move the ball constructively up the pitch

every single time i've seen him under bruce he's really static like he's been told to protect only and when he does get on the ball seems to be looking sideways or backwards :/

I just find it hard to believe that the same player who looked like a million dollars under Rafa has suddenly become rubbish. He's got quality, there's no doubt about it, but he probably needs to work under clear instructions in a team which knows what their gameplan is.

I just find it hard to believe that the same player who looked like a million dollars under Rafa has suddenly become rubbish. He's got quality, there's no doubt about it, but he probably needs to work under clear instructions in a team which knows what their gameplan is.

Lost his mentor.

You’d struggle to find players that have improved under Bruce.

It'll take a few games but he should get back to where he was.

he's really unlikely to in this system tbh, looks stifled - for all the complaining about "boring rafa" the system really clicked around the time longstaff came in and we looked a good, cohesive unit going forwards as well as being solid at the back

this is not going to happen under bruce i'm afraid, he might if he scrapes closer to safety he might change things a bit i suppose but we'll ship more goals as a result

I actually think Longstaff can do a Hayden role and be better in attack because he’s got a great footballing ability and brain.

But he doesn't close down space as effectively, which is Hayden's main asset. Longstaff and Shelvey are both a bit slow off the mark, so would be quite an open field for the opposition if they were both in tandem.

Think I read that when he was on form last season his distance covered and tackles were on par with Hayden. But could be wrong.

The difference between Longstaff last season and this is between his ears. Expectations have been raised, opposition players are now aware of him, and he's under more pressure.

A lot on here are blaming Bruce, but Longstaff is the only one whose form has dipped significantly, and I don't see that he's being asked to play a different role. He's in the middle of a second season syndrome, and isn't handling it properly yet. But I strongly believe he'll come good again.

Think I read that when he was on form last season his distance covered and tackles were on par with Hayden. But could be wrong.

The difference between Longstaff last season and this is between his ears. Expectations have been raised, opposition players are now aware of him, and he's under more pressure.

A lot on here are blaming Bruce, but Longstaff is the only one whose form has dipped significantly, and I don't see that he's being asked to play a different role. He's in the middle of a second season syndrome, and isn't handling it properly yet. But I strongly believe he'll come good again.

Nah, its Buce's fault.