Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Think I read that when he was on form last season his distance covered and tackles were on par with Hayden. But could be wrong.

The difference between Longstaff last season and this is between his ears. Expectations have been raised, opposition players are now aware of him, and he's under more pressure.

A lot on here are blaming Bruce, but Longstaff is the only one whose form has dipped significantly, and I don't see that he's being asked to play a different role. He's in the middle of a second season syndrome, and isn't handling it properly yet. But I strongly believe he'll come good again.

This is what exactly what I think.

He will come good.

I actually think the Longstaff brothers can become a good pairing in midfield. Think they will compliment each other really well. But they need more experience.

A 3 man midfield of them and Almiron in a free role would be nice.

Think I read that when he was on form last season his distance covered and tackles were on par with Hayden. But could be wrong.

The difference between Longstaff last season and this is between his ears. Expectations have been raised, opposition players are now aware of him, and he's under more pressure.

A lot on here are blaming Bruce, but Longstaff is the only one whose form has dipped significantly, and I don't see that he's being asked to play a different role. He's in the middle of a second season syndrome, and isn't handling it properly yet. But I strongly believe he'll come good again.

This is what exactly what I think.

He will come good.

I actually think the Longstaff brothers can become a good pairing in midfield. Think they will compliment each other really well. But they need more experience.

A 3 man midfield of them and Almiron in a free role would be nice.

They're at the stage of their career when a good coach can make or break them. I'm making no predictions.

He just looks generally hesitant. That pass back wouldn't have actually reached the keeper. It would have stopped 10 yards outside the penalty area.

I think the sending off has affected him as well. Some of his tackling looks indecisive.

But for all that, the potential is still there. He's a young local lad with expectation heaped on him, and he needs time to get his head back into gear again.