Fabian Schär

I think 1 quality centre back who may well displace either Schar and Burn and if we get another it will be a promising young inexpensive one who will mainly be used in cups. 

Edited by Tiresias

People saying we should let him leave, give your heads a shake. He's currently 1 of our current 2 best centre halves. You keep him and replace the worst ones, Clark and Fernández/Lascelles for example. In a years to 18 months time you replace the likes of Lascelles/Burn/Schar.

3 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

In my opinion is ideal for this year 

needs to be sold in the summer 

lacks pace and error prone 

tries to play without breaking a sweat 

ideal player for a club happy to tread water in the premier league - not for a team trying to push into the top 8

ps - this is only my opinion 

I would also sell Lascelles

dan burn ideal for 3rd choice 

if we can’t sign two centre halfs (keep schar) one more season 

I think he's better than a mid table plodder. Was quality under Rafa, in a 3, and showing similar signs in a 2, under Howe.

I've thought this about Shelvey and it may apply to Schar. They had no influence over the choice of Bruce as manager, and likely shrugged their shoulders and gave what was demanded of them, nothing.

Palace let go of a dozen first team players and typically start games with 5 new signings. Including a new first choice CB pair. They’ve gone up the league, play better football and are in the FA Cup semis.  

if done diligently - big changes can be made successfully. 

I think 1 CB is a required but not a major priority. If we had quality options I would get 2 CBs in. If not, focus on 1. It’s only RB and 1 CM that I wouldn’t look to actively upgrade. ST, SW, CM the priority. 

I don't think Schar - Burn is a top 7 CB pairing fundamentally though. Neither start for West Ham

Edited by The College Dropout

Don't know why but thought this guy cost us around £10M+, we bought him for £3M, what a fucking steel/steal that was :lol: 

Edited by 54

2 years would seem about right for him. Wouldn't want more than that. Even a year with some sort of extension that kicks in if he plays 10 or more games, but I don't imagine he'd be happy with that.

MOTM for me last night. Absolutely immense.

It's almost like a genuine football coach can recognise and develop players with ability and not stick them on the bench to see out their fucking contracts and leave for fuck all, eh Steve?