Fabian Schär

Consider me eating previous words of doubt on this sex machine. I've always had a soft spot for him because of his desire to get forward whenever possible, whilst never having confidence in his defensive ability but this run throws that back in my face.

Lock him down.

18 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Cannot believe that this guy wasn't getting in the side under Bruce. Like what the actual fuck.

And yet almost every one of us who has ever seen him play, with our non-professional football manager eyes, knew he should've been. We literally all knew better than Steve Bruce.

Would be content with a Schar-Burn partnership next season to be honest. They're perfectly suited as a centre back pairing. Bring in a a left-footed younger player for the future to step in when Burn's unavailable (Lascelles can back Schar up) and prioritise our spending on a couple of forwards. 

Edited by Smal

He’s had a massive resurgence compared to the first few games under Howe, I was one of the people saying he shouldn’t be playing in a back 4 and he’s making me eat my words at the moment. Long may it continue.

Guest HTT II
5 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

His contract expires this summer doesn't it.  We need to prioritise a new contract.

Aye fuck giving new deals to the likes of Dummett.

Guest HTT II
On 07/03/2022 at 07:44, Optimistic Nut said:

Garth, man. :lol:

DC6B39A8-FD05-4973-922A-941AACB4511B.jpeg

I love Garth, he’s just trolling it now, I’m sure :lol:

Guest HTT II
Just now, The College Dropout said:

I wouldn’t want him starting next season. We should start to level up.  

Agreed, but if we are to retain a few players, he’d be high on the to keep list for me.

Edited by HTT II

On 08/03/2022 at 17:24, Nattfare said:

Where is that graph that says that he is a shit defender now? [emoji38]

Those were Bruceball numbers!

I only have access to free stats like FBRef, but on the left are stats for Fabien Schar in 2018/19 playing under Rafa Benitez. On the right is Fabien Schar in 2020/21 playing under Steve Bruce.

444873722_mysterystats.thumb.jpg.903c91db646495ddbd3fc015e4fc6190.jpg

I'll have to hit up that Kev guy from Statsbomb on Twitter to see if he'll do some Bruce vs. Howe numbers for this season.

Mark Douglas:

Meanwhile, Fabian Schar is keen to re-sign for the club and a round of negotiations have progressed well with the defender’s representatives. Schar has interest from Serie A and the Bundesliga but Eddie Howe wants him to stay at Newcastle.

Financial terms are not anticipated to be an issue but Schar wants longer than the one-year deal offered last year and some reassurances about his role in the first team with the club looking to make further defender signings.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/erling-haaland-man-city-transfer-contract-newcastle-budget-leeds-united-nfl-stadium-elland-road-1537746?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1648141105-1