Fabian Schär

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He'd need to be playing for one of the ESL clubs to have any chance of getting that red card rescinded. Good news that we've extended his contract though, hopefully that was done over Bruce's head and is a sign that the manager won't be here next season. 

49 minutes ago, TRon said:

He'd need to be playing for one of the ESL clubs to have any chance of getting that red card rescinded. Good news that we've extended his contract though, hopefully that was done over Bruce's head and is a sign that the manager won't be here next season. 

I'm sure it isn't, it's a sign we can tie down a player and retain their transfer value. 

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm sure it isn't, it's a sign we can tie down a player and retain their transfer value. 

I always like to look on the bright side where possible, I'm still hoping that the takeover is still on for example. This is why I said 'hopefully' it's a sign that he's not here next season. I am still really hoping. :indi:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Khalidao said:

I watched the Italy-Swiss game last night. Fabian was absolute class. It is really confusing how Graeme Jones decided to bench him for his 3 games in charge!

was in a back 3 or a back 4?

15 hours ago, toontownman said:

I'd be shocked if the Brentford line up is radically different. Just given who is away right now I'd think he will go with those in training. 

I’m not sure, like. He wants ball playing CBs and he’s the only one at the club. 

He’ll be back in training by Wednesday so could well get picked. 

3 hours ago, Conjo said:

Only going by an online match report it seems to have been a back 4.

Didn't look like it from what I saw. Switzerland played very deep from the 20mins of the second half I watched and Schar didn't really pick anyone up till they reached the edge of the box (Italy didn't exactly flood forward and gave the Swiss defence an easy time).

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I’m not sure, like. He wants ball playing CBs and he’s the only one at the club. 

He’ll be back in training by Wednesday so could well get picked. 

He’ll be trying to get his philosophy across so I doubt he’ll start anyone that he hasn’t trained with extensively. I bet he’s gutted he didn’t have time to work with Lewis, Schar and Almiron as I think they are players that he could make the most difference with.

34 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’ll be trying to get his philosophy across so I doubt he’ll start anyone that he hasn’t trained with extensively. I bet he’s gutted he didn’t have time to work with Lewis, Schar and Almiron as I think they are players that he could make the most difference with.

Completely agree , I don’t think any of those will start yet .He may chance Almiron .

24 minutes ago, GWN said:

Completely agree , I don’t think any of those will start yet .He may chance Almiron .

Will Almiron have to quarantine again like last international break?