Fabian Schär

Cant believed he was benched in favour of Clark so often. His contract is up isn't it, has there been any talk of an extension? I kinda think he'll want to go elsewhere if Botman and Carlos and who knows all come in probably lose his place anyway but still would be nice to have his quality in squad

39 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Gonna be a sad day if he gets released at the end of the season

I think youre going to be sad then.

No point giving him another contract now. We'll be bringing 2 more CBs in the summer and we've already got 3 others contracted past this season. He'll have done his bit and he can leave with dignity. Which is more than can be said of most that leave this club.

I hope he gets a 2 year extension. He might not yet have reached his best level. 

edit: I mean he hasn’t played for a true footballing team since he joined. A proper back 4, GK and midfield might mean he hits a new level consistently.

Edited by Outremont

11 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I think youre going to be sad then.

No point giving him another contract now. We'll be bringing 2 more CBs in the summer and we've already got 3 others contracted past this season. He'll have done his bit and he can leave with dignity. Which is more than can be said of most that leave this club.

I'd ship out every one of the previous regime's CBs before him.

Would love if our CB depth ended up being something like Botman, Carlos, Burn, Schar and maybe 1 promising youngster with Clark, Lascelles, and Fede shipped out. 

Edited by Kanji

Would keep him and Lascelles for squad depth in summer. Can't realistically replace every player in summer so would rather Get midfield sorted, full back cover and stronger attack. 1 established centre half and maybe a youngster in there as well