Fabian Schär

To think he would be gone by now if the takeover hadn't of happened. I always thought he was a bit of s liability defensively though very cultured on the ball. However since Howe has come in he's been like a brick wall and I genuinely can't remember the last outright defensive mistake he made. Absolute bargain for what we paid for him (and he already was before Howe was coach to be fair), this last year had genuinely made him one of the best pound for pound players the club has seen 

I'm one who said he couldn't play in a 4 and to be honest, before Eddie even with Rafa, he didn't look it.

Fuck me now he's every inch the modern (strong, quick, thuggish, skilful, ball playing, creative) centre half.

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Absolutely fucking filthy. Such a shame Joelinton turns into a shitter version of Shola when he approaches the penalty box. 

It's contentious and it's a decision I can accept, but I still thought it was a penalty tbh. 

13 hours ago, et tu brute said:

To think he would be gone by now if the takeover hadn't of happened. I always thought he was a bit of s liability defensively though very cultured on the ball. However since Howe has come in he's been like a brick wall and I genuinely can't remember the last outright defensive mistake he made. Absolute bargain for what we paid for him (and he already was before Howe was coach to be fair), this last year had genuinely made him one of the best pound for pound players the club has seen 

Aye. I thought he was weak in the air and slow. But he's been solid across the board.

I still think he tries too many balls that don't come off but one of those led to a goal yesterday.

19 hours ago, samptime29 said:

One of the best value signings ever for us. What a fucking bargain at 3M 😆 

Aye at this time as well. How many players join a Premier League club for under £5m the last 7-8 years and does anything? A few months after this Sunderland were paying more for Will Grigg in League 1. Schar probably has more goals too.

There's a video on YouTube of all his goals for us. 

There is the full repertoire in there. The two identical screamers, headers from corners and open play, half volleys in the box, the dribble and finish Vs Cardiff, free kick vs Spurs, a cool as you like penalty.

So good to see him in a team now that gets the best of his abilities.

A shame for me under the last owner was players that had something being wasted scraping by. Cabaye, Merino, Ba, Ben Arfa, Lejuene (if fit) and others could have slotted into good Newcastle teams and been assets and shone. Were getting a taste of that with Schar I'm glad to see.