Fabian Schär

Thinking about the "worth" of players and what you could (not want) sell players for, Fabians Schar is 30 and you could probably command 25/30m based on his performances. 

I'm not saying this because I want to tout our players to other clubs but this is an astonishing turn around in his career.

You could easily see a scenario where someone like PSG would be interested in him, given his ability on the ball and the years he still has left in the game. I'd be interested to see how Newcastle would respond to such an approach.

It also shows the value in having a quality manager, who improves players. Think of how many assets (shudder) Eddie has created, through his management.

Joelinton 10m into 50m?

Miggy 8m into 25m?

Krafth 4m into 10m?

18 minutes ago, STM said:

Thinking about the "worth" of players and what you could (not want) sell players for, Fabians Schar is 30 and you could probably command 25/30m based on his performances. 

I'm not saying this because I want to tout our players to other clubs but this is an astonishing turn around in his career.

You could easily see a scenario where someone like PSG would be interested in him, given his ability on the ball and the years he still has left in the game. I'd be interested to see how Newcastle would respond to such an approach.

It also shows the value in having a quality manager, who improves players. Think of how many assets (shudder) Eddie has created, through his management.

Joelinton 10m into 50m?

Miggy 8m into 25m?

Krafth 4m into 10m?

Just for this season id rate miggy at more than 25, but thats me

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Joelinton cost £40m, but I agree with the point :lol:

I was talking about how much we would have been able sell him for pre-Howe. Not how much we paid.

6 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Another reminder that Bruce played everyone that resembled a defender plus Hayden at centre back over this guy. 

That's one of the things that really annoyed me towards the end. We had Fernandez, Schar and Lejeune who were all decent center halves in their own right and he insisted on Lascelles, Clark and even Dummett over these. 

2 hours ago, CPL said:

That's one of the things that really annoyed me towards the end. We had Fernandez, Schar and Lejeune who were all decent center halves in their own right and he insisted on Lascelles, Clark and even Dummett over these. 

And Shelvey and Hayden :lol: