Fabian Schär

38 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Wonder if we can recall Ciaran Clark?

Hopefully in time for the friendly on Thursday.  I’d love a rerun of last season where he got sent off and had to apologise.

• 2 weeks later...

Loads of talk about Botman (and rightly so...) but this fella was my motm last night. Did everything Botman did but also carried the ball forward more fluently on occasion.

He's been majestic again this season.

Fucking Bruce man....

1 minute ago, TotalWar said:

Knowing what we now know about head injuries and early onset dementia, I worry for him in the future owing to all the head injuries he gets. His regular head injuries seem to be an in joke on this forum.

Not sure if last night’s was a head or neck injury, but you get my point.

He is a brilliant player. I didnt see him during the Bruce fiasco, but know how misused he was. He is as comfortable on the ball as Steve Howey, but more adventurous, as comfortable as Albert, but not as adventurous and a better defender.

Great point this. I don't think I've ever watched us live and not seen him go down with some sort of head injury.

Put's his heed where many wouldn't put their feet, the good looking bastard.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

He’s been so, so good this season.

Still think he's been hugely underrated by pundits/journalists. Botman gets a load of credit (and rightly so) but Schar has been sublime but slips more under the radar with the media

He turned into prime Baresi yesterday when he waltzed through the Leicester defence

• 3 weeks later...

Thought apart from when he stupidly let it through his legs and we nearly got caught on the counter.  He was flawless, defensively.  Just read every long ball, pass and cross from them.  Constantly one step ahead.  

I think it might be because the levels have gone up so much and the players have been improved or upgraded.  But my opinion on him and his attributes since Howe has come in, have totally switched. 

I used to think he was always great on the ball and his long passes were class.  I now find his casual passing and often aimless, low percentage long balls really annoying.  

I used to think his defending left a lot to be desired and he was always prone to a howler.  Getting caught out of position, not tracking a man, fucking about on the ball etc.  It's now the total opposite and I think he's been our best defender this season. 

21 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Thought apart from when he stupidly let it through his legs and we nearly got caught on the counter.  He was flawless, defensively.  Just read every long ball, pass and cross from them.  Constantly one step ahead.  

I think it might be because the levels have gone up so much and the players have been improved or upgraded.  But my opinion on him and his attributes since Howe has come in, have totally switched. 

I used to think he was always great on the ball and his long passes were class.  I now find his casual passing and often aimless, low percentage long balls really annoying.  

I used to think his defending left a lot to be desired and he was always prone to a howler.  Getting caught out of position, not tracking a man, fucking about on the ball etc.  It's now the total opposite and I think he's been our best defender this season. 

Agree with most of this. Especially the bolded.

He's still not great in the air but it's rarely exposed. On the ground he's good dfensively. A real leader. Positionally he's been great.

Part of a slow backline though. And I don't think he made a mistake for the second Vardy chance, he just couldn't keep up.