Newcastle United 1 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur - 10/08/18 - post-match from p. 17

Disco

Regarding Muto, think he showed in that very brief cameo that he is really comfortable playing in that hole in behind the front man.

There was some uncertainty over whether he could play there, but he looks like one of those that can take up any of those front 4 positions.

Will be massive for us. Really gives us good options in that second striker position.

Think this one is on Rafa. Terrible decision to bring Atsu on.

Muto and Rondon looked good, there’s goals there. Diame better in second half but still nowhere near the level.

Atsu should be nowhere near the match day squad, why not bring Ki on? Can’t fault he effort.. we should be ok this season. Should have gotten a point at least from that game though.

We 100% deserved something from that, was just one of them days. Hit the bar twice, that Kenedy chance, and two goal line clearances. Shelvey and Ritchie were class, and Rondon and Muto looked promising. Shit result, but everything else was relatively positive tbh. Beaten by 9mm ffs.

Well said mate

Played well, created loads, were unlucky not to score a second and concede one Dubravka knocked out 1cm behind the line.

Promising signs for the season to come with how the new lads played. Just hope Yedlin's okay.

I think that was Spurs at their absolute worst. I can see us getting a lot of nearly results this season, just like last year.

The lack of technical ability in our fullbacks is disgusting to me.

Christian Atsu is a terrible footballer. Not sure what Rafa was thinking with that one, we looked significantly worse when Ritchie went off

Good, i never want a player happy to go off, never understood the stick players get for having the hump if they're subbed.

Christian Atsu is a terrible footballer. Not sure what Rafa was thinking with that one, we looked significantly worse when Ritchie went off

I shared his frustration. He was having a very good game, it was an unnecessary change, other areas perhaps could have called for a switch. And adding to it,Atsu offered nothing to improve the switch. The thing with Ritchie is, not only was he playing well but he's desperate to do well for everyone, the reason he was fuming.

I think that was Spurs at their absolute worst. I can see us getting a lot of nearly results this season, just like last year.

The lack of technical ability in our fullbacks is disgusting to me.

The whole back 4 today was technically deficient. Dubravka has got a better passing range than all of them.

Ritchie, Dubravka, Shelvey, Kenedy, Rondon & Muto all had very good games. Would like to see them all starting against Cardiff. I know Rafa will prefer to take a slower, more gradual approach though which is fair enough.

I'm really optimistic after seeing that, keep up that kind of commitment and determination to stay in the game up, and we will (as predicted) make those saying we are one of the favourites for the drop look very, very silly.