Cardiff City 0-0 Newcastle United - 18/08/18 - post match from page 25

Greg

Didn't see the game, fortunately, but it would appear - to the surprise of absolutely no one - we're just exactly the same as we were last season. Solid, and miss too many chances.

Nope, Cardiff we’re just rubbish. We barely had many chances to miss. Worse than any game last season.

A very immature performance to say the least, i think he we should start introducing the new boys, most of this first team bar a few deserve dropping.

Agreed. Im gonna assume Yedlin is back at RB so I would give Fernandez a go instead of Clark, Ki over Diame, Rondon for Joselu. Probably stick with Ayoze but possibly put Muto in for Kenedy (assuming suspension but who knows). What is being used now isnt working right now.

No complaints with Hayden's sending off but I'll bet another 3 or 4 happen today and yellow will be given. Artur's was a red but it's Newcastle. Id like to hear the refs explanation as to why it wasnt a straight red.

Cardiff will get about 20 points

Less than that if that was supposed to be them playing well.

Their lack of ambition after the red was as shocking as our performance today...maybe more so. Home team, next 6 games are all but lost already given they are playing 6 of last years top 7 in a row. Everything about this match was shocking.

No complaints with Hayden's sending off but I'll bet another 3 or 4 happen today and yellow will be given. Artur's was a red but it's Newcastle. Id like to hear the refs explanation as to why it wasnt a straight red.

I thought Hayden’s was harsh, more untidy than dangerous.

Guest firetotheworks

Not one player on the pitch for us at the time I'd be confident of over a penalty tbf

I dunno why, but I could see Dummett taking a good no nonsense penalty.

I thought Hayden’s was harsh, more untidy than dangerous.

From behind,late, high and reckless. It's a red.

Not one player on the pitch for us at the time I'd be confident of over a penalty tbf

Dummett :lol. :lol: Dont even remember him having a shot on target, ever.

Guest firetotheworks

Didn't deserve a point, so that's good I guess.

We definitely did like, Cardiff didn't threaten our goal at all where as we made their keeper work at least 3 or 4 times.

Cardiff are disgustingly bad.

:thup: Definitely didn't deserve a win, but a draw is definitely deserved.

Guest firetotheworks

Dummett [emoji38]. [emoji38] Dont even remember him having a shot on target, ever.

Bit weird considering he's scored twice. [emoji38]

Pens are a bit different, as Shola proved. Can see Dummett just absolutely blasting it.

Carragher's right like. We were awful today and looked better when we went down to 10 men. We'll be reet though. Rafa will sort it.

Confident we won't be that awful against Chelsea. Thank fuck Yedlin's back. :lol: Christ. Cheers Mike.