Cardiff City 0-0 Newcastle United - 18/08/18 - post match from page 25

Greg

Not one player on the pitch for us at the time I'd be confident of over a penalty tbf

I dunno why, but I could see Dummett taking a good no nonsense penalty.

Dummett :lol. :lol: Dont even remember him having a shot on target, ever.

He scored that magnificent goal against Manchester United.

Not one player on the pitch for us at the time I'd be confident of over a penalty tbf

Dummett [emoji38]. [emoji38] Dont even remember him having a shot on target, ever.

Bit weird considering he's scored twice.

Pens are a bit different, as Shola proved. Can see Dummett just absolutely blasting it.

Yeah, but Shola was like Kanu at times when you consider finishing alone (penalties), Dummett isn't. Rather see someone try to hit a penalty for us with a bat than Dummett taking one.

No complaints with Hayden's sending off but I'll bet another 3 or 4 happen today and yellow will be given. Artur's was a red but it's Newcastle. Id like to hear the refs explanation as to why it wasnt a straight red.

If he didn’t think that Arter’s was a red how’s he going to say Kenedy desevered to go?

You need a bit more to be a good penalty taker than just able to kick a ball with some power...which I'm not even sure Dummett is able to do especially well.

Why are we even discussing Dummett taking penalties :lol: He'd realisticly be one of the last names on that list.

Guest firetotheworks

Dummett [emoji38]. [emoji38] Dont even remember him having a shot on target, ever.

Bit weird considering he's scored twice.

Pens are a bit different, as Shola proved. Can see Dummett just absolutely blasting it.

Yeah, but Shola was like Kanu at times when you consider finishing alone (penalties), Dummett isn't. Rather see someone try to hit a penalty for us with a bat than Dummett taking one.

Ok then

Guest firetotheworks

You need a bit more to be a good penalty taker than just able to kick a ball with some power...which I'm not even sure Dummett is able to do especially well.

Why are we even discussing Dummett taking penalties [emoji38] He'd realisticly be one of the last names on that list.

Message board mate. Opinions mate.

Seriously shit.

The team selection wasn't exactly what I personally would have liked. And again the subs were bizarre,I know some were forced, but I expected others, then came the golden opportunity to steal 3 points, because to be fair we would have been stealing points not earning them, but it has now been revealed Benitez chose/went with Kenedy if Ritchie wasn't on the field.Myself I would have had Jonjo Shelvey on it, who was our only good player today, or even Joselu. 

Really shit, I hope they learn something from this.

Two poor sides, but Cardiff played with more heart. Ironically, the red card seemed to ease the pressure on us a bit and gave us the jolt we needed.

The ref was a homer, allowing the crowd to make his mind up on a few occasions.

We seemed to lose out with quite a number of 50-50 situations in the midfield. Ritchie, Shelvey and Diame aren't particularly sharp and I think the balance doesn't look right.

Why are we even discussing Dummett taking penalties [emoji38] He'd realisticly be one of the last names on that list.

True that. Let's discuss Joselu potentially playing left back next.

Horrendous game, was literally painful to watch. We were relatively organised defensively, but if Cardiff had any better quality in the box they could have won.

Where was Rondon today? I thought last 20 mins would have suited him. Diame and Kenedy were poor, with the latter being total dog shit today.

Horrendous game, was literally painful to watch. We were relatively organised defensively, but if Cardiff had any better quality in the box they could have won.

Where was Rondon today? I thought last 20 mins would have suited him. Diame and Kenedy were poor, with the latter being total dog shit today.

The sending off happened just before he was about to come on, reckon he'll start next week.

Where was Rondon today? I thought last 20 mins would have suited him. Diame and Kenedy were poor, with the latter being total dog s*** today.

No subs left.

Guest firetotheworks

True that. Let's discuss Joselu potentially playing left back next.

Go ahead, see what traction it gets. [emoji38]