Cardiff City 0-0 Newcastle United - 18/08/18 - post match from page 25

Greg

Absolutely shuddered when kenedy stepped up. Awful decision to have him take it. He was clearly lacking confidence, especially after piss poor free-kick.

Would have been 2 points more than we deserved, even if it's clear we absolutely need every point we can get this year.

Can't believe this is basically our best team going into this season. We are absolute dross. Kudos to shelvey today though.

The decision wasn't taken on the pitch today. There is a list, and he is numer two on it behind Ritchie.

For sure, but there is no reason they cant change that at the time seeing the player has no confidence. No different to a substitution.

Based on?

Past clubs / international experience.

Lejeune is absolutely quality, will take something to dislodge him from that position on a permanent basis.

I’ve not said Lejune hasn’t been class for us, though. Just that when comparing the history and accomplishments of the two players you’d think Schar would be better. If he is or not as an NUFC player we don’t know yet, but the fact we possibly have three very good centre halves for once is a great thought until he turns out to be shit :lol:

I mean Schar got relegated last season and didn't play that much for Hoffenheim. Seems little to base it off that he'll be better than Lejeune but I hope you're right, just to add more quality into the squad

Can’t understand how Joselu keeps getting a game he is fucking woeful. Thought Rafa had seen through this when he left him out and the results and team performances started to improve. Absolutely abysmal performance today against a team who will finish clear bottom. Perez again cannot keep hold of the ball and is just pushed off it time and time again. No real pace at all in the starting 11 today which is a massive problem especially in the premiership.

Diame has not started the season in the same form as the second half of last season. Big problem is our full back area as none of our players have the quality to provide the necessary support and attacking threat at this level. Dummett was very poor today and Manquillo is just a joke. Needs to bring some of the summer signings in to add pace and even though I’m certainly not convinced by Rondon he is still a better option than Joselu. With Kenedys impending ban would start Muto and switch Perez to the wing or give Murphy a chance - again not the most effective solution.

Ritchie lacks the pace but he is still our best option on free kicks and obviously pens. Shelvey has talent but his lack of goals and his lack of decent shots from free kicks is concerning - some say it’s a confidence thing but for someone who thinks should be in the international team then he needs to show more. Going to be a long hard season - have we improved in the summer is certainly open to debate - that team today certainly is not anywhere near an improvement and the loss of Lejeune is massive.

I’m sure the fat cunt would love us to get relegated again and he may have his wish.  Not confident at all we may just have enough but the fat cunt is certainly targeting 17 and ready to gamble on that like every other season.

Can’t understand how Joselu keeps getting a game he is fucking woeful. Thought Rafa had seen through this when he left him out and the results and team performances started to improve. Absolutely abysmal performance today against a team who will finish clear bottom. Perez again cannot keep hold of the ball and is just pushed off it time and time again. No real pace at all in the starting 11 today which is a massive problem especially in the premiership.

Diame has not started the season in the same form as the second half of last season. Big problem is our full back area as none of our players have the quality to provide the necessary support and attacking threat at this level. Dummett was very poor today and Manquillo is just a joke. Needs to bring some of the summer signings in to add pace and even though I’m certainly not convinced by Rondon he is still a better option than Joselu. With Kenedys impending ban would start Muto and switch Perez to the wing or give Murphy a chance - again not the most effective solution.

Ritchie lacks the pace but he is still our best option on free kicks and obviously pens. Shelvey has talent but his lack of goals and his lack of decent shots from free kicks is concerning - some say it’s a confidence thing but for someone who thinks should be in the international team then he needs to show more. Going to be a long hard season - have we improved in the summer is certainly open to debate - that team today certainly is not anywhere near an improvement and the loss of Lejeune is massive.

I’m sure the fat cunt would love us to get relegated again and he may have his wish.  Not confident at all we may just have enough but the fat cunt is certainly targeting 17 and ready to gamble on that like every other season.

Rafa would have been a better option for the pen today.  Everyone could see it man :lol: My missus isn't massively in to football but was watching the game with me and even she said he's gonna miss based on how he performed in the rest of the game.  I get that Rafa has his set ways and if Ritchie wasn't on, Kenedy was the next penalty taker but howay. Everyone but Rafa or any of the players knew it'd be a bad idea with Kenedy. Needs to be some flexibility..

Rafa would have been a better option for the pen today.  Everyone could see it man :lol: My missus isn't massively in to football but was watching the game with me and even she said he's gonna miss based on how he performed in the rest of the game.  I get that Rafa has his set ways and if Ritchie wasn't on, Kenedy was the next penalty taker but howay. Everyone but Rafa or any of the players knew it'd be a bad idea with Kenedy. Needs to be some flexibility..

Not saying you’re wrong but is that not the manager to blame then as he could have sent an instruction for Kenedy not to take it. Ritchie had a poor game but out of the two Kenedy should have been pulled. Ritchie is the only one who looks comfortable in taking a pen as we have seen with the last two. Needs to be sorted fast as Ritchie seems to be pulled off regularly by Rafa so need someone capable of stepping up.

Not saying you’re wrong but is that not the manager to blame then as he could have sent an instruction for Kenedy not to take it. Ritchie had a poor game but out of the two Kenedy should have been pulled. Ritchie is the only one who looks comfortable in taking a pen as we have seen with the last two. Needs to be sorted fast as Ritchie seems to be pulled off regularly by Rafa so need someone capable of stepping up.

That's what I'm saying, Rafa should have made the call to get Shelvey taking it.  Ritchie was subbed off, and after the match Rafa confirmed that Ritchie was the designated taker, after him it was Kenedy who was obviously still on so he took it.

Bellamy (knob) and Carragher in the studio were both saying they know what it's lke playing for Rafa, and with him these things are set in stone and players will get fined if they take the penalty off the 'designated' takers.

I'm saying these things have no reason to be so set in stone imo. Everyone knew Kenedy was having a shocker, but Rafa left it as was

That's what I'm saying, Rafa should have made the call to get Shelvey taking it.  Ritchie was subbed off, and after the match Rafa confirmed that Ritchie was the designated taker, after him it was Kenedy who was obviously still on so he took it.

Bellamy (knob) and Carragher in the studio were both saying they know what it's lke playing for Rafa, and with him these things are set in stone and players will get fined if they take the penalty off the 'designated' takers.

I'm saying these things have no reason to be so set in stone imo. Everyone knew Kenedy was having a shocker, but Rafa left it as was

Totally agree and come the end of the season those lost 2 points could be vital.

Rafa would have been a better option for the pen today.  Everyone could see it man [emoji38] My missus isn't massively in to football but was watching the game with me and even she said he's gonna miss based on how he performed in the rest of the game.  I get that Rafa has his set ways and if Ritchie wasn't on, Kenedy was the next penalty taker but howay. Everyone but Rafa or any of the players knew it'd be a bad idea with Kenedy. Needs to be some flexibility..

Totally agree and come the end of the season those lost 2 points could be vital.

Fuck me to death.

Disagree somewhat, some players fancy penalties and some don't, what goes on over 90 mins isn't necessarily a factor. Truthfully, I wouldn't have fancied anyone out of today's 11 to score the pen other than Ritchie, and he was off the pitch. Kenedy doesn't lack confidence, he was as good a shout as anyone assuming your penalty takers are pre-determined. The other option is to go with whoever feels like it on the day, but that is a worse option IMO, if it goes wrong there would be hell on.

Rafa would have been a better option for the pen today.  Everyone could see it man [emoji38] My missus isn't massively in to football but was watching the game with me and even she said he's gonna miss based on how he performed in the rest of the game.  I get that Rafa has his set ways and if Ritchie wasn't on, Kenedy was the next penalty taker but howay. Everyone but Rafa or any of the players knew it'd be a bad idea with Kenedy. Needs to be some flexibility..

Fuck me to death.

:lol:

Disagree somewhat, some players fancy penalties and some don't, what goes on over 90 mins isn't necessarily a factor. Truthfully, I wouldn't have fancied anyone out of today's 11 to score the pen other than Ritchie, and he was off the pitch. Kenedy doesn't lack confidence, he was as good a shout as anyone assuming your penalty takers are pre-determined. The other option is to go with whoever feels like it on the day, but that is a worse option IMO, if it goes wrong there would be hell on.

Shelvey made some half arsed attempt to take it but Kenedy already had the ball (and what was agreed pre-game) so he was obviously up for taking it too. Would have fancied him much more to score than Kenedy. Disagree about the rest of the game not being a factor. If it was in the 60th minute, I'd agree but this was literally the last kick in what was and probably will be the worst performance in Kenedy's career. I'm sure he full well knew he played shite as well. 0% pass completion in the first half man, not much better 2nd half. Rolled a free kick straight into the wall minutes before the pen too