Miguel Almirón

Deuce

I hate this slagging off of Miggy.

Even if you think it would be for the best for the club that we sold him, and that's probably the majority opinion, people say 'we don't demand a team that wins, we demand a team that tries'. And they slag off Ashworth for lack of loyalty for wanting to move on. People slag off well-paid players who go to the Saudi league for more money when they could still play at PL level.

Yet when a hardworking player turns down a move to Saudi and all the extra riches because he likes he PL club he's at, people slag him off because they want him to go so we can use the money for a shiny new toy.

Loyalty works both ways, and I dislike seeing a player like him, who always gives his all, made a scapegoat for the club's difficulties.

Edited by Checko

Remember when Hayden gave that interview where he was bewildered at the thought of players having to move on for the club to progress.

”A lot of us have our kids in school here”

Again another great lad who I have nothing but good vibes for.. but was just slow to pick up on the right time for leaving/knowing when the gig was up.

I really hope Miggy isn’t the same.

Football is a cut throat game.  Miggy now knows we want to sell him. He needs to move on, take the Saudi money and do what's best for him and the club. We can't progress onto the next stage until we sell players like

him to Saudi. 

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Another weapon Thankfully many in the comments disagreeing with him and sticking up for Miggy.

Aye, what a fucking waster. Turns down Saudi like some sort of big shot, anyone would think he scored our first Champions League goal in 20 years or something.

Removing the whole "He has family here so why would he want to move" thing, which is completely valid.

It's not like he was turning down a move from Italy or Spain, it was Saudi fucking Arabia, a country which has an appalling humans rights record, persecutes women, and generally probably isn't a nice place to be. I wouldn't want to live their for any price, let alone if I'd have to bring family over.

Honestly, people just see players and cells on a spreadsheet that can be moved at will and not human being that have lives and morals, with families they have to look after.

Almiron attracts a lot of hatred for someone who has legitimately grafted his bollocks off for us for 5 1/2 years.

Admittedly he’s a poor winger and needs to leave but come on. We played Alsoran for 4 seasons plus and he got eff all.

1 hour ago, Checko said:

I hate this slagging off of Miggy.

Even if you think it would be for the best for the club that we sold him, and that's probably the majority opinion, people say 'we don't demand a team that wins, we demand a team that tries'. And they slag off Ashworth for lack of loyalty for wanting to move on. People slag off well-paid players who go to the Saudi league for more money when they could still play at PL level.

Yet when a hardworking player turns down a move to Saudi and all the extra riches because he likes he PL club he's at, people slag him off because they want him to go so we can use the money for a shiny new toy.

Loyalty works both ways, and I dislike seeing a player like him, who always gives his all, made a scapegoat for the club's difficulties.

Great post. Love Miggy and really don’t get all the abuse he gets. He’s not elite but he’s decent and works so well with his graft and determination in an Eddie Howe team.