Miguel Almirón

Deuce

1 hour ago, Jilted Generator said:

He’s going to be fucking brilliant coming off the bench next season giving fullbacks absolute nightmares with his constant running. Cracking squad player to replace the Matt Ritchies of the current 25 man squad. 

Aye this, basically.

Very good squad player and not getting a better player than him in the summer to be first choice RW was a mistake. Some people on here are absolutely melted in the head though.

Just now, Shak said:

Aye this, basically.

Very good squad player and not getting a better player than him in the summer to be first choice RW was a mistake. Some people on here are absolutely melted in the head though.

Still think the big plan was for Gordon and Barnes to be our 'best' wingers, like.

He's been good for us but I'm at that point where I badly want a quality RW

I don't expect him to get it right all the time but he gets it wrong far too many times, and that pass he plays to Trippier which is often closer to the full back is getting tiresome to watch

I love his effort and there may come a time where we miss that but give me someone that makes the right decions and also can use both feet

8 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Still think the big plan was for Gordon and Barnes to be our 'best' wingers, like.

Aye but that was still one light IMO.

We were always one injury away from being incredibly thin.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

While his goalscoring output has improved so much since Howe came in (obvs streaky), his assist numbers are abysmal.

That's because trippier is doing what he should be doing with his right foot. No coincidence that trippiers assists and chances created are so high he's basically doing the creativity of 2 players

7 hours ago, BullyDogs said:

Those 2 played on their strong side and were whipping balls into the box for Shearer,Sutton and Newell

And are you seriously comparing Almiron to Arjen Robben come on man

No just saying they were incredibly one footed 

It's tough too say anything bad about him because he works his ass off everytime he's out there and he seems like the nicest lad but I do think he's the perfect player to bring on as a sub.

Having a fresh Almiron running at tired legs feels like the best way to ulitize him(once everyone is back). Our bad luck with injuries has really screwed everything the fuck up. 

He can definitely shoot, he generally just needs to be running with the ball to shoot with pace or hit it on the volley. He’s not good at being passed the ball with little pace on it and generating pace from his strike that way. He goes for a gentle placement and that’s not his strength

Miggy is starting to remind me of Jonas Gutierez he is a ball of energy that runs and chases and gives his all for the side. Seen him step up last few weeks helping out defensively, being asked to switch sides and work through the middle. He is from an attacking sense a 1 trick pony but gives his all. I can see why howe likes him but as others have said he doesn't suit every opponent but is being asked to keep playing due to current squad issues. Would like to see him replaced as automatic starter next season and rotated out. Being in and out of the squad may help or hinder him but we need alternatives when things aren't working. 

14 hours ago, Karjala said:

He's a good squad player, but that's about it.

5 years with us, one season with 11 goals, and then 11 goals spread across the other 4 seasons.

Grand total of 6 assists in 5 years. 

6 assists in 5 years for a winger is absolutely pathetic really and he should be absolutely embarrassed about it

Miggy is simply a small bundle of energy and if his footballing brain was as on point he would be a world beater.

I think he would be subbed a lot more if we had the numbers to bring on.

Miggy is like a box of chocolates, you just never know what you're going to get in terms of goals in games but you always know you get graft to the bone.

Unfortunately graft only gets you so far at the top level of games.

He scored against Man City with his penis and has a contract running up until 2026.

I reckon Murphy will be the new Ritchie from next season as a third option for both wing spots, and that we add another RW in the summer. That means Almiron will be playing quite regularly.

We'll be delighted and frustrated by him for a couple more years.

6 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Love his effort but i can't wait for the day where his lack of quality is no longer letting us down on big occasions.

Aye, needs to be relegated to the bench for next season so we can have someone who’s one footedness doesn’t cost us wins.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

I'm sick of his lack of end product, he needs upgraded in January not the Summer. If he goes in with his right foot it's a goal and every time he turns back. Can't help but like the lad, he gives 100% always, he's just not at the standard we need

100% starting to be the glaringly obvious weak link Dubravka aside.

Didn’t feel he was a let down, did some amazing defensive work. Sure, you want your wingers to be more clinical. The main issue is the lack of assists really but there’s still a place in the squad for him for a while to come