Miguel Almirón

Deuce

46 minutes ago, Nine said:

Has started what? The last 12 or so games in a row? And is making the difference using his physical attributes still, you can question him technically but for as long as he is able to stay this fit and put in shifts like he does we won’t sell. Hes this seasons most under appreciated player so far.

Came on from the bench against Pool. In the 54th.

Edited by Erikse

31 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'll bet Isak was delighted as well, he doesn't often get put in by Migs. But he was twice today, the first one for the non-penalty was even better if anything.

Aye that was an excellent ball 

36 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Miggy was brilliant today, especially out of possession

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean a great deal, unless we are playing Sunderland level opposition week in week out

His physical ability is utilised very effectively in our system against any side, obviously against championship opposition it will come across better than we’ve been used to seeing against other sides lately. Physically he just delivers massively in our system vs whoever we play against, his lack of clinical quality brings out a lot of frustration in fans especially when things are going against us but he’s a perfect wide player to have as an option and I’m pretty sure we’ll keep hold of him for a while yet.

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

If only he'd scored that volley chance. Would have loved for him to get a goal today.

Aye, I was hoping that they would give the penalty to him.

Great game today.

For what it's worth - the day he leaves I will miss this always running and smiling one footed fucker. Can't fault his work rate or effort but obviously has limitations

50 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

Great game today.

For what it's worth - the day he leaves I will miss this always running and smiling one footed fucker. Can't fault his work rate or effort but obviously has limitations

But so far ahead of all their players 

Joelinton injury aside, the biggest disappointment from today was that his effort hit a shit footballer's head and not the back of the net. He so deserved a goal after that performance. Love him on days like today, just an absolute pain in the arse for the opposition. 

In before the "found his level bants": he was just the same in Paris.

13 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Also did a few right footed crosses today

Twice in thirty seconds, it was brain boggling. And they were halfway decent too.

13 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Joelinton injury aside, the biggest disappointment from today was that his effort hit a shit footballer's head and not the back of the net. He so deserved a goal after that performance. Love him on days like today, just an absolute pain in the arse for the opposition. 

In before the "found his level bants": he was just the same in Paris.

Will hopefully see it much more now that we have a better schedule and he can be rested and rotated once Barnes is back.

My theory is that Miggy's actually an agent planted by Staveley when she was originally looking to buy us, with instructions to keep us up, but only barely to keep the club's value as low as possible. As such he artificially limits himself by not using his right foot and now he's in too deep to change.

He's probably actually right footed.

Little bugger probably speaks perfect English and Arabic as well.

We heavily rely on the pace and energy of Miggy, great to see him back to his best albeit against a lacklustre Sunderland. We'll see much more of this Miggy now the games have slowed for us, 9 tackles, 90% pass accuracy, 10 duels won, an assist and a couple of right footed crosses to make his point (although telling that no one anticipated them).

Obviously we need an upgrade, but he hasn't deserved the abuse he's been getting for the last month by fans and he still has a part to play here for a few more years off the bench.

When I see people knock Miggy it annoys me. Not because their criticism isn't correct, he is one footed, a bit of a headless chicken, frustrating in front of goal etc but....

We shouldn't be playing him every week. The poor fuckers game is all about pressing, forcing mistakes, running the channels, relieving pressure etc. The fact that Howe has brought him out the starting line up and weve had a bit of a rest as a squad, it's come as no surprise that we saw the old Miggy yesterday. Players need a recharge.

Gordon had been poor for a handful of games for the same reason...he also had that spring in his step back. The difference is that Gordon is a smarter footballer than Miggy, so can be useful at 80% or whatever.

I'm sure Howe never intended on Miggy playing this many games and although Murphy isn't an upgrade footballing wise, he's a good player to help Miggy have a rest.

We know he has limitations, but he's as reliable as you can get, if you don't over play him. 

It's a priority position in the summer. We need a different option to Miggy for those games when we need a bit of craft.