Miguel Almirón

Deuce

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

I have many questions.

Didn't the MLS window just close?

How can they afford him?

Does he really want an MLS return?

Closes on Wednesday 

3.5m left on the books seems about right. He was signed in 2019 for 21m on a 5 and a half year deal then signed a new contract in 2023 for 3.5 years

So by the time he signed his new contract his 21m fee had amortised 15m, (21/5.5 x4) leaving 6m on the books.

Hes 18 months into that new deal, so that’ll be down to a rough 3.5m

Btw that also makes him, in PSR terms very cheap

Just now, WilliamPS said:

3.5m left on the books seems about right. He was signed in 2019 for 21m on a 5 and a half year deal then signed a new contract in 2023 for 3.5 years

So by the time he signed his new contract his 21m fee had amortised 15m, (21/5.5 x4) leaving 6m on the books.

Hes 18 months into that new deal, so that’ll be down to a rough 3.5m

Btw that also makes him, in PSR terms very cheap

Presume the calculation re: PSR though is that Charlotte need to bid far enough over that £3.5m to allow us to buy someone along the lines on Madueke. So if Madueke is going to cost £30m over 5 years then the magic number is somewhere in the region of £10m for Almiron. So effectively we're looking at Charlotte doubling their club transfer record. Will be interesting to see if it happens. 

On 11/08/2024 at 17:56, El Prontonise said:

I respect him for not wanting to leave or take whatever money Saudi league is offering.

Only thing I see is that it's cost us at least £15m. At this point not really arsed if he goes to some other club for a nominal fee, we've ended up selling players I'd much rather have kept because he stayed.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Only thing I see is that it's cost us at least £15m. At this point not really arsed if he goes to some other club for a nominal fee, we've ended up selling players I'd much rather have kept because he stayed.

Pretty much where my head is at. I’ll never forget the effort and purple patch but he’s symptomatic of us extending deals when we should have cashed in.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

You can’t have bad wishes on a guy for not wanting to live in a dessert just so we can have a bit more cash on hip.

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

Can see him going on loan. Is that allowed? To MLS? A loan?

He won't be going on loan anywhere. Someone is either going to need to pay the fee that gives us the PSR space to buy a replacement or he's going to spend the year competing with Murphy for our RW spot. 

I love Almiron, hard working great little grafter that has been a fucking joy to watch. And also frustrating at times.

I will miss him if he is going, but i can understand. Best of luck Miguel, whatever the outcome of this summer.

55 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

You can’t have bad wishes on a guy for not wanting to live in a dessert just so we can have a bit more cash on hip.

Depends on the dessert really

Quite like the thought of retiring to an island made of cookie dough, surrounded by a sea of custard with pools of rice pudding or strawberry angel delight

12 hours ago, Paully said:

Favourite ever Miggy moment when he put his right boot up to be polished instead of his left, the absolute tool. Joelinton's gesture as if to say, "not that one man, your left".  :lol:

image.png

Edited by Optimistic Nut

On the upside the MLS make up the rules and change them whenever they want. Being a former MLS legend at Atlanta and still being somewhat in his prime, it wouldn't surprise me to see the MLS help maken it happen. Fingers crossed.

So were Man Utd with Ashworth, and that moved quick when we blinked. Think if club wants rid, and there’s someone genuinely interested, a deal will be made.

Not like the value is going to be there next summer.

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I think much will depend on how much Eddie rates him. If he doesn’t want to lose Miggy a paltry offer won’t help to convince him.

That and he will be a bit nervous about not getting a replacement in that he wants. Always best to buy the successor before selling the predecessor.