Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Will be really sad to see him go, he's the ideal rotational option or sub against tired legs on the right. The issue is when he's the only option and gets driven into the ground, but he's never given less than 100%. 

Gutted about this tbh

Sad, I thought there would be a few heartbreaking sales but I imagined in Summer not now. Season is effectively been written off. It's going to be demoralising for the squad too, I imagine a poor second half does Howe get sacked despite all this? 

Will be a bottom half finish if no replacements coming in, and then it's how much room for a rebuild do we have?

As a slight defender of at least some of the reasoning behind FFP absolutely ludicrous it's biting us so hard when there is absolutely no existential threat to our club from our spending.

Unless we’re getting well over the odds, like Forest with Wood, we’ll only be selling now to fund a purchase in this window, obviously a midfielder rather than a replacement for Miggy.

He's 29 with 2.5 years left on his deal. Might be the last time we get the opportunity to get a decent fee considering his age. With him almost being here 5 years would any sale really open the books in terms of ability to spend?

Love the lad, but could fetch a reasonable fee.

least if this isnt a PIF club the fair market value shite doesnt have to apply if we got 30/35/40m for him assume other than gather press talk there is little the league at the minute could do. 

We don’t have anyone on the right wing though. Gordon can play there but it’s not his optimum position. It’s unclear if Barnes will be back and his injury could make his minutes patchy. We absolutely do need a RW to replace Miggy

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Unless we’re getting well over the odds, like Forest with Wood, we’ll only be selling now to fund a purchase in this window, obviously a midfielder rather than a replacement for Miggy.

He has a reported market value of around €30m, so if you can get between that and €40m for him as "fair value" then it's a sensible transfer with Murphy and Barnes due back. 

His energy is unparalleled but at some point you have to trade that in for actual quality. 

Yup we absolutely have to replace him this window. As it stands we have 1 fit winger. Even if players come back there's no guarantee we don't pick up other injuries throughout the season

24 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just ahead of Burn he's the most underrated player in the squad now, and I predict about three games before we're bemoaning missing the relentless energy that he brings us. He's played virtually 100% of matches this season and last (a frankly incredible feat) so he's going to leave a significant hole. 

I trust the club and accept that an upgrade in his position could make a meaningful difference, but it won't happen this month and I'll be so sad to see him go.

This is brutal stuff but the club has got to be backed with what they are doing. We all know that these players are the ones that need to be upgraded and there's no subtle way of doing it. Lascelles, Wilson, Longstaff, Murphy...they will be next.

I just think it's a real crying shame that we didn't win the cup last season. It would have been something that this set of players, and us as fans, could have looked back fondly on.

If we get 20m for Almiron I'd be chuffed with that. He's been a really likeable chap for us and had some belting moments last season and it's a great time to cash in providing we have time to bring reinforcements in before the deadline.

At least he's not going to another premier league team, co you lent stand seeing his smiling face playing against us. 11 goals last season from a winger feels like he should get a good fee 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

If we get 20m for Almiron I'd be chuffed with that. He's been a really likeable chap for us and had some belting moments last season and it's a great time to cash in providing we have time to bring reinforcements in before the deadline.

With it being a none PIF club I think we will get £25+

There’s broad agreement that we need to sell at least 1 player. Looking at the options and who we can off load for a fee, Miggy is right up there. 

He’s a terrific worker, fabulous attitude, but, his end product isn’t good enough and he’s chronically one footed. 

Wish him well, it would absolutely be the right decision to let him go. Even if we don’t get anyone in, it would still be the right decision looking forward. 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

We don’t have anyone on the right wing though. Gordon can play there but it’s not his optimum position. It’s unclear if Barnes will be back and his injury could make his minutes patchy. We absolutely do need a RW to replace Miggy

From the summer onwards, yes, clearly. But for the rest of this season, they’ve probably made the decision to go with Murphy/Gordon, if it means getting another midfielder in.

Selling the summer makes more sense but I guess it might be one of those deals where the opportunity is too good to turn down

Considering the injury situation, they must be confident that they'll be able to get a replacement in

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

He has a reported market value of around €30m, so if you can get between that and €40m for him as "fair value" then it's a sensible transfer with Murphy and Barnes due back. 

His energy is unparalleled but at some point you have to trade that in for actual quality. 

Barnes is off a long-term injury, usually plays on the left and Murphy is not a PL player.