Miguel Almirón

Deuce

12 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Oh I know. The media paint that picture. But I’ve studied our accounts for the last 3 years and we may be in breach depending on certain rulings from the Everton and Forrest appeals.

The club have been asked to be squeaky clean since the takeover.

And there is no doubt it’s not a coincidence that we have spent absolutely zero (Klopp can fuck off with his ceilings) this window so far.

By all means we are actually touting our players out.

Surprised they let you.

5 hours ago, TomYam said:

True. Until two seasons ago they had spent as much time in the 4th tier as the first. 

Over the course of their history, their average position has been about 4th in the 3rd tier. On a par with Barnsley certainly, or possibly Grimsby, Plymouth, Hull, Bradford and Rotherham. Unlike those other towns, however, Brighton has long had a booming population and economy. 

Barnsley I can see. Definitely not the others. Prior to their modern day successes Brighton had more time in the topflight than Barnsley/Grimsby/Plymouth/Hull/Rotherham combined with at least similar support to all of those mentioned.

Not saying they've not done great and smartly however, just that they're not a Wimbledon.

Edited by Wolfcastle

24 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

We already have Tripps replacement in Tino and with the 45m or so it seems like we can go out and get MGW as Miggy's replacement and stay within FFP.

MGW will cost more than £45m.  Thats how much Forest paid 18 months ago.  And he’s not a RW. 

52 minutes ago, sempuki said:

He said there was an agreement 2 days ago too. Bloke is a fraud.

Edited by TRC

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

MGW will cost more than £45m.  Thats how much Forest paid 18 months ago.  And he’s not a RW. 

£25m plus a shitload of add-ons tbf.  Not sure how those add-ons get reached though.

Local press was saying yesterday we wanted 30 million for Miggy, if we have agreed a deal, I wonder if its

anywhere close to that. 25 million or above would be fantastic for us. 

34 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Oh I know. The media paint that picture. But I’ve studied our accounts for the last 3 years and we may be in breach depending on certain rulings from the Everton and Forrest appeals.

The club have been asked to be squeaky clean since the takeover.

And there is no doubt it’s not a coincidence that we have spent absolutely zero (Klopp can fuck off with his ceilings) this window so far.

By all means we are actually touting our players out.

interesting as the accounts don’t make disclosures about a number of lines that may influence the FFP disclosures so it’s pretty much guesswork as to how close we are.

56 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Local press was saying yesterday we wanted 30 million for Miggy, if we have agreed a deal, I wonder if its

anywhere close to that. 25 million or above would be fantastic for us. 

So starts the dance with the PL’s independent FMV police. Otherwise known as Richard Master’s slithering to an unbiased panel comprised of:

- Daniel Levy (Tottenham)

- Steve Parrish (Palace)

- Tony Bloom (Brighton)

- Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool)

- ExileVirgin030573 (Sunderland)

Don’t know why I did it but I checked out a thread on Twitter where someone was defending Miggy and giving him credit. Cesspit responses followed from “the fans”. Honestly don’t get why some people follow football 

Agreed. As limited as Miggy may be, he worked his socks off for the team. I will never forget his smile. He goes with my best wishes, and if he ever comes back to ours, I will give him a standing ovation

Love the lad, and all his foibles. I’ll miss the joy he evidently plays the game with and his non-stop running. When he puts his head back when accelerating, like he’s dropping a gear, always makes me smile. 

Seems rare to see clubs agree a deal before the player has given the go ahead these days. Makes it feel very club-driven where Miggy would stay if he could which makes it feel like we're kinda kicking a puppy here. :lol:

I just can’t help feel that 99% of everything being reported is guesswork, even more than normal as local journo's have very little in the way of reliable sources any more. Factor in the fact we are a "big story" again and it’s become bullshit, clickbait central.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Don’t know why I did it but I checked out a thread on Twitter where someone was defending Miggy and giving him credit. Cesspit responses followed from “the fans”. Honestly don’t get why some people follow football 

He'll be a hero with the same people as the years go by, it happens so often.

2 hours ago, arnonel said:

Agreed. As limited as Miggy may be, he worked his socks off for the team. I will never forget his smile. He goes with my best wishes, and if he ever comes back to ours, I will give him a standing ovation

The hate he gets from some fans! It's like Perez all over again. 😅

So the club we are selling Miggy to isn't one of the PIF owned clubs?  I assume we would still have a massive 'unofficial' influence over them though, but it wouldn't be subject to fair market value test?