Miguel Almirón

Deuce

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Who would replace Miggy between now and end of the season if we sold him Gibbs White ? Surely that’s folly when all we have left to play for is the FA Cup and he’s cup tied. Miggys not the answer long term but short term we need him surely.

Nico Williams at Bilbao has a release clause around £50m. We were linked to him by Douglas at the end of the summer window. He's the incredibly ideal replacement imo; age, output, work rate. But whether we'd go for that at this stage in the window...I'm unconvinced.

But aye I fully agree. If we were to sell Almirón now we'd need his replacement/upgrade and the CM we really do need. Just can't see us getting both between now and the end of the window. Unless we gamble on getting just 1 of those.

I think it's incredibly ominous that he wasn't involved at all. He's constantly around the squad and 'illness' is as convenient as it gets when the player's linked with a move away. Wouldn't blame anyone for putting two and two together here, like. 

15 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

If he really doesn't want a move to Saudi, face mask-worthy illnesses would be a great way to scupper any deal.

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

Wouldn't read too much into that, despite Miggy coming across as a quiet lad I've got it on good authority his wife likes role play as Dexter Morgan.

Should put her on the right wing then, she'd know how to apply the finish.

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Nico Williams at Bilbao has a release clause around £50m. We were linked to him by Douglas at the end of the summer window. He's the incredibly ideal replacement imo; age, output, work rate. But whether we'd go for that at this stage in the window...I'm unconvinced.

But aye I fully agree. If we were to sell Almirón now we'd need his replacement/upgrade and the CM we really do need. Just can't see us getting both between now and the end of the window. Unless we gamble on getting just 1 of those.

Agreed, Williams looks a big upgrade and exciting player, even if we had funds I’m unconvinced as well, especially in January when Howe seems to value PL experience over everything else.

14 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Christ [emoji38]

In these little snippets, his change of pace is insane.

9 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Christ [emoji38]

Yep. :lol: He's exciting as hell to watch. Can only improve and is a grafter off the ball as well. Really want us go for him.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Yeah, he’s gonna be the next big thing. Unlikely he’ll come to us, especially without CL football. Shame really, as we probably could have got him last summer.

Should have went for him over Barnes imo.

He turned down a move to Villa in the summer as he is happy in Bilbao so that’d been a waste of time.  

Playing with his brother, already picked for Spain, and Athletic as good as they’ve been for a while at the moment so you can see why he’s happy enough. 

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Christ [emoji38]

So he's primarily a left sided inside winger/forward? With Gordon & Barnes already here, shouldn't we be looking for someone who play on the right if Almiron were to leave?

25 minutes ago, Conjo said:

So he's primarily a left sided inside winger/forward? With Gordon & Barnes already here, shouldn't we be looking for someone who play on the right if Almiron were to leave?

It appears to look that way with how Bilbao are using him.

I honestly don't know though, it's only hype, tons of sides will admire this type of player.

Info from: totalfootballanalysis

This is aided by his comfort using both feet. There is a uniqueness to Nico's dribbling in that he often carries the ball with his left foot rather than his supposedly stronger right foot. The Spaniard's ambipedal ability is crucial for his dribbling success.4 Oct 2022

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/nico-williams-at-athletic-club-202223-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics#:~:text=This is aided by his,crucial for his dribbling success.