Miguel Almirón

Deuce

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

He's got 2 years left. If he gets offered a 4 year deal or a lucrative 2-3 year in Saudi then it would be surprising if he didn't go, tbh.

Was offered a lucrative deal in Jan according to Ben Jacobs - and I quote

"Saudi Arabia had an agreement in place for the transfer of Miguel Almiron but the deal ultimately collapsed because the player refused to leave the Magpies."

3 minutes ago, duo said:

2026 :howe:

So his realistic options are - sit it out here for 2 years whilst barely playing and having a poor chance of a decent contract from another club in 2026 OR move now and sign one last big contract worth enough that makes playing in Saudi worthwhile. 

No brainer imo. Moving is the sensible choice

7 minutes ago, midds said:

So his realistic options are - sit it out here for 2 years whilst barely playing and having a poor chance of a decent contract from another club in 2026 OR move now and sign one last big contract worth enough that makes playing in Saudi worthwhile. 

No brainer imo. Moving is the sensible choice

Why didn't he bite in Jan? I just think he's settled in Newcastle - has a young family and sometimes that out weights anything else.  I am just not convinced he would leave for a Saudi club and I struggle to see who else would come in for him.

Edited by duo

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Why didn't he bite in Jan? I just think he's settled in Newcastle - has a young family and sometimes that out weights anything else.  I am just not convinced he would leave for a Saudi club and I struggle to see who else would come in for him.

Who knows? Maybe he thought he needed to fight for his place? Maybe it wasn't made clear to him that he was now surplus to requirements? I have no idea, honestly

But I think if he stays - which he's perfectly entitled to btw - then he'll see his contract run out and he'll be trying to get a new club having played virtually no football from 2024 to 2026. That's a tough sell for any agent. It's clear we're after a shiny new RW and he'll have limited playing time for the next 2 years. I think he needs the move as much as we need the cash tbph

2 minutes ago, midds said:

Who knows? Maybe he thought he needed to fight for his place? Maybe it wasn't made clear to him that he was now surplus to requirements? I have no idea, honestly

But I think if he stays - which he's perfectly entitled to btw - then he'll see his contract run out and he'll be trying to get a new club having played virtually no football from 2024 to 2026. That's a tough sell for any agent. It's clear we're after a shiny new RW and he'll have limited playing time for the next 2 years. I think he needs the move as much as we need the cash tbph

Hopefully you are right and I am wrong :yao:

I think there will be a number of sides in for him. There were links a few weeks ago to Ipswich and Wolves. 

I think there is a market for him in Europe such as Spain because what he does he does it well.

I am hoping he has an amazing Copa America and increases the number of suitors.

I think Miggy is settled and a move to Saudi will be very lonely unless there are Spanish speakers in the side.