Miguel Almirón

Deuce

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Really? Just yet another example of someone we've held on too long for despite knowing he's had his best time for us. Realistically he's not going to improve now and in all likelihood will just get worse as age creeps up. 

We should be able to find someone as productive  with their future ahead of them, not looking back at their high points. 

Good servant, but as many on here have said isn't going to help us progress now

I wouldn't say we held on too long. 

He played a big part in getting us top 4 and deserved to stay and play the Champions League.

It's just unfortunate we didn't have a better player to alternate with him on that side.

Perfect time for him to leave now.

Hopefully this is true. He's been a great servant for us, scored some great goals for us. The best 1 being that opener against PSG in the champions league. That noise and those celebrations will live with me forever.

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's 100% the right thing to do, think he's ran his course now plus it pushes the need for a "marquee" RW. Just love the guy, his enthusiasm, work rate, worldies...

This totally. He's had his moments for us, but not really enough to justify keeping him.

It's unfortunate that Minteh would have been a great understudy/replacement, but I've got probably unguided confidence that we can find someone at least as good both short and long term

Love Almiron, Took 11 months to score his 1st goal for us, kind of tells its own story.. Was huge for us though getting 4th place and for his goal against PSG .. 

Will wish him well for his work rate and his attitude 

40 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Miggy has had a really good time here the last few years. Great that he was such a big part of that 4th place finish.

It's the right time for him to leave now. And if he does he will be remembered fondly in future I think.

Absolutely. Easy to forget he was one of our best players when we were shit.