Blackburn Rovers 2-4 Newcastle United AET (FA Cup) 15/01/19 - post game p32

BlueStar

Is there no one in the academy that plays striker that can simply hold the ball up fairly decently.

I genuinely can't believe how poor Joselu is at this. He's not exactly a small guy either. He's taken all the sting out of any kind of build up play, and it's invited pressure and ultimately given these lot confidence.

Damn shame.

The senior players have been wank tbh, Longstaff looks the only one comfortable on the ball. Joselu and Ritchie have been woeful, and Murphy still looks like he's shitting his pants when he's on the ball.

The senior players have been wank tbh, Longstaff looks the only one comfortable on the ball. Joselu and Ritchie have been woeful, and Murphy still looks like he's shitting his pants when he's on the ball.

Murphy has looked a little more confident than usual IMO. Showed good determination for his assist and has tried to take on his man a few times.

Ritchie and Jos look like they don't even want to be playing. Shocking stuff from them.

Anyone else think that the instruction has been to just get knocked out of this as Rafa and the club don't want any extra games? I've thought that for ages and there's certainly a ton of evidence to supoort it. If they throw a 2 goal lead away to get knocked out whilst not looking fussed or that they want to even be out there. I can't see how it can be anything else, they probably know there is no point

Imagine actually being let down by them against championship opposition man. It is unreal.

The only reason I even watched this is because I wanted to see Longstaff, Roberts and Sterry.

So sick of the first team.