The other games today 2019/20

Greg

joeyt :thup:

He's easily world class just not fit last night and part of a tepid game.

When he is fit he is probably the best striker in the world. Pochettino made a mistake playing him.

He isn't

Guest neesy111

When he is fit he is probably the best striker in the world. Pochettino made a mistake playing him.

He isn't

Who do you think is?

He isn't

Who do you think is?

Aguero is better, for one.

Kane is up there, but he's not the best by any clear margin. Fwiw I don't think there's a single standout striker in the game at the moment, wingers/inside forwards are dominant.

He isn't

Who do you think is?

Dunno really, most of the best forwards are wide players. Don't think Kane has done enough in CL knockouts/world cup to be considered the best. I know he got the golden boot but it was the worst one ever. I also just really dislike him :lol:

He isn't

Who do you think is?

Dunno really, most of the best forwards are wide players. Don't think Kane has done enough in CL knockouts/world cup to be considered the best. I know he got the golden boot but it was the worst one ever. I also just really dislike him :lol:

Oleg Salenko says hi.

Some thoughts on Saturday's game:

Awful spectacle, worst CL final I've seen since Meelan v Juve

Comical penalty decision, the hand ball rule needs reform. It's in the same bracket as United v PSG and France v Croatia

Spurs could have played all evening and wouldn't have scored, Liverpool did what they needed to

Unfortunately, I feel the rule is getting a reform. To turn it into making those examples you've cited be correct calls.

:anguish:

Yeah makes sense. Goes to show, the way VAR is being implemented isn't going to dramatically improve anything.

ffs, knew this would happen if liverpool won.

even this morning i'm having t change radio stations at regular intervals whilst they start discussing Lfc again, or even worse getting an old boy on air for their views etc etc.

argh!!!!!!

I thought it was a handball but it's just that the punishment is so frigging severe. It was a nothing pass from Mane, don't think it was even going towards goal, barely any advantage was lost aside from simply not having possession. An indirect free-kick would be so much more suitable. A penalty should only be given if a goalscoring opportunity is lost by the infringement; a penalty is so disproportionate.

Out of interest why do you think it was hand ball? Personally, I can't get my head round it.

Sissoko was bringing his arm down after pointing to the full back, so it wasn't an unnatural movement towards the ball. It then hits his chest first and rolls onto his arm, so even if his arm was by his side, contact was unavoidable. Mane pretty much blasts the ball at home from close range too. It's totally incidental.

Out of interest why do you think it was hand ball? Personally, I can't get my head round it.

Sissoko was bringing his arm down after pointing to the full back, so it wasn't an unnatural movement towards the ball. It then hits his chest first and rolls onto his arm, so even if his arm was by his side, contact was unavoidable. Mane pretty much blasts the ball at home from close range too. It's totally incidental.

a) It was hardly a blast,

b) Pointing at the full back doesn't constitute the arm being in a natural position

c) It was not unavoidable, the arm being where it was puts it at risk

I agree that a penalty for that offence is incredibly disproportionate. I agree the law is ambiguous, but by what referees go by, deliberate means the arms not being down y the side essentially. When jumping the arms will flail naturally so there is leeway there but now with feet planted by the sides. The rationale is that your hand has influenced the play, and it's in a position it shouldn't be in. End of. The argument that does carry weight is it being ball to hand, but I don't think it was a ball hit super hard, I think it was clumsy from Sissoko and the fact it hit his chest first furthers the point that he had time to get out the way. Good that they are changing the rules I suppose but doubt they'll do a good job of it, nothing fouls like that should not lead to game changing penalties, unfortunately I don't think the ref really had a choice.