The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Harrogate 1 up at Bradford. Had a good start to life in the Football League, just outside the play-offs if they win tonight.

They have looked good in this game, and if they keep up performances like they have today, they will be nowhere near the bottom.

Obviously agree re York, who are essentially the only team I'm supporting this season. Watson basically had to sign an entirely new squad over the summer, which I don't think is uncommon at that level as players sign 12-month contracts. He's brought in a lot of talent from the leagues above - but it's obviously a challenge getting them not only to gel but to be the best team in the league. Started well enough, beat Chorley then drew with Farsley Celtic. Christ knows when they're moving out of the stadium, all seems very odd.

Obviously agree re York, who are essentially the only team I'm supporting this season. Watson basically had to sign an entirely new squad over the summer, which I don't think is uncommon at that level as players sign 12-month contracts. He's brought in a lot of talent from the leagues above - but it's obviously a challenge getting them not only to gel but to be the best team in the league. Started well enough, beat Chorley then drew with Farsley Celtic. Christ knows when they're moving out of the stadium, all seems very odd.

Yeah, the new stadium just is strange. I’m sure it was completed earlier last season, or at the leanest, early this year. Now they are still playing at their old stadium.

That stadium has never seemed right, it’s always been a bit dodgy. First there was all the funding about it. Then there was something to do with a change of construction company I believe, there has been changes in attendance, and even having to bring in the Rugby team as well.

It’s a nice stadium and such, it just hasn’t followed a straight path to being built, and now being used.

Do find it funny when people say statements like that first line for attention.

Don’t need to say it

Clearly just to get bites

Well I definitely wasn't after bites because I'm hardly in a minority among this community when it comes to showing disdain for NUFC. It was spoken in response to somebody saying they wanted to see clubs like that do well, so seemed a relevant statement in agreement with that. But I'll concede that, on a NUFC forum, it does come across a bit like I'm trying to be contrary. And I'm certainly not averse to a bit of attention.

Well I definitely wasn't after bites because I'm hardly in a minority among this community when it comes to showing disdain for NUFC. It was spoken in response to somebody saying they wanted to see clubs like that do well, so seemed a relevant statement in agreement with that. But I'll concede that, on a NUFC forum, it does come across a bit like I'm trying to be contrary. And I'm certainly not averse to a bit of attention.

Fair enough like just makes me upset for people to actively say they don’t care at all

Fair enough like just makes me upset for people to actively say they don’t care at all

Find it extremely painful too but I don't think redemption is that far away.