Leicester City 0-1 Newcastle United - 12/04/18

Disco

Delighted with the result. Only saw the first half, did we have much in the way of chances in the second, or was it a bit of a defendathon?

Had chances to finish it off before they applied some mild pressure. 

Remember this quote after his Liverpool lost 2-0 to Sunderland

It is great for the public here at Sunderland to see us. They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they have seen. We were wonderful.

I mean maybe gets away with it with sarcasm but I don't think he has it in him  :lol:

Minor correction although I doubt it makes much difference, but that quote was in relation to when his Swansea side went to Sunderland and lost 2-0.

I don't mind Brendan or his awkward interviews. I much prefer to focus on the fact that he is a good coach on the training ground and pushes his teams to play attacking football. Much rather that than any of the old-school LMA crowd like Pardew, Pulis, Allardyce, Moyes, Hodgson et al.

I don't mind Brendan or his awkward interviews. I much prefer to focus on the fact that he is a good coach on the training ground and pushes his teams to play attacking football. Much rather that than any of the old-school LMA crowd like Pardew, Pulis, Allardyce, Moyes, Hodgson et al.

:thup: (although I would exclude Hodgson. I have a lot of time for him even though i wouldn't necessarily want him to manage NUFC)

Thought Lascelles was quietly really good last night

Was just thinking this, if you'd have said they wanted him 6 months ago, I'd have driven him there myself. But since he's got his head down and his gob shut he's been an integral part of that solid back line, no fuss, but solid.

Atsu really needs to practice his shooting..Had a really soft attempt when he came on..was half shot half pass.. Muto might be better option off the bench

I'd have liked to have seen more of Muto as whenever he has played I've been quite impressed, but he's more competing for a place with Ayoze and Rafa loves Ayoze.

Remember this quote after his Liverpool lost 2-0 to Sunderland

It is great for the public here at Sunderland to see us. They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they have seen. We were wonderful.

I mean maybe gets away with it with sarcasm but I don't think he has it in him  :lol:

Minor correction although I doubt it makes much difference, but that quote was in relation to when his Swansea side went to Sunderland and lost 2-0.

Ooops, though that makes it even worse  :lol: I do see what you are saying completely, he is definitely a good coach, though not sure how considering how self regarding he is and awkward he comes accross. I don't think he is always that attacking mind, it's posession first then get some goals, he had advantage of Suarez at Liverpool and then celtic being better than all the other teams without coaching tbh, his teams without a great striker become really dull. You are right he is more progressive than the above, better for the league to have managers like him bringing their ideas, and he may do well with Leceister, but he just irritates the hell out of me.

Guest firetotheworks

It's probably a bit tin-hat like, but I thought the amount of times Carragher mentioned it being essential that we sign Rondon seemed unnatural, like Rafa had told him to get that message out.

It's probably a bit tin-hat like, but I thought the amount of times Carragher mentioned it being essential that we sign Rondon seemed unnatural, like Rafa had told him to get that message out.

Nah it’s just patently obvious to anyone who doesn’t wear denim parachute pants.

Wow, that's a beautiful header from Perez :thup:

Wish I felt joy when we won. Nowadays I'm just indifferent :(

I am somehow still joyous when we score and win, it's only coz of Rafa though.

Next season when he leaves i'm switching off, as will thousands of others, i'm not sure Mike Ashley realises.

I'm another who didn't realize it was a Friday.

I've seen the first half and we played well. Them not attacking our left side at all was a bit of a mystery. Most of their play is just meaningless buzzing about midfield in front of our back three.

Aside from West Ham, who did us good twice, and Brighton, who we've only played once, we've got something from every team up to seventh. 20 points from our last 12 games now, fifth best in the league and more than Tottenham and Chelsea.

Probably one of the best away atmospheres I've seen for a while. The city centre was busy all afternoon with Newcastle fans mind so I'm sure the levels of drunkenness would have helped. As for Leicester as a place, what a fucking dump. Makes Sunderland look like New York.