Leicester City 0-1 Newcastle United - 12/04/18

Disco

To be honest, MOTM was Maddison by a mile. I was shitting myself every time he had the ball.

He was on the ball alot, but though he was utter shite everytime he touched it. Not to say he was a bad player, just had a very bad game.

To be honest, MOTM was Maddison by a mile. I was shitting myself every time he had the ball.

:lol: aye I especially thought the free kicks he wasted and load of nowt he created was definitely worthy of a bottle of bubbly and a trinket like.

http://www.castellinaria.ch/imgcache/239_4a2f2389f22/3594_670_0_08d0577bd9.jpeg

That was probably the most stereotypical Brendan Rodgers performance. Lots of possession, very narrow, and doing fuck all with it.

Speaking in the post-game interview about how he made it even more narrow after the half!

Rodgers is an oddball isn't he. Good manager but there's something off about him.

The difference between his pre and post match chats is glorious. Hubris overload. He’ll do a good job at Leicester but he was slow as fuck tonight and as he said he made it easier for us by disabling his wingers against our two worst defenders.

Guest firetotheworks

This must be either the best combined set of centre backs we've had in the PL, if not then comfortably the most organised. I never thought I'd enjoy watching defending.

It's comfortably the best group. We've had the odd great, but never 3 or 4 genuine class CB's

It's mad. Our worst Centre Back is probably Clark and I'd completely trust him in that system if he had to come and slot in. The organisation of all of them is something I'm not at all used to seeing at Newcastle. It's highlighted more because we're doing it more than when we had very attacking teams, but it's still impressive nonetheless.

If we could find other players on that level further forward and at full back, we'd probably have a pretty competitive team that I'd like to see evolve into a team pushing to stay a solid mid table club with looking at pushing for 7th as the next step.

It's likely impossible in the climate and under Ashley, but Rafa can probably bring some special moments while we wait on with cynicism and apathy for the takeover that we don't even believe will happen, but it does feel like there are two parallel universes for NUFC running side by side at the moment and hoping we're in the one where Ashley fucks off and we're taken over by an ethically sound owner that wants to allow the club to flourish and compete at a higher level consistently and has the ambition to invest.

Superb win tonight - watched with the g/f, friends and family at Cambois Club - huge cheer when Perez scored and at full-time also. We defended really well - that run from Shcar in the 2nd half :???: :coolsmiley: Perez worked his bollocks off up top - superb header for the goal. The whole team played really well in what was a classic away win. :)

Rafa is going to be missed when he's not here, next season. The foundations are in place to turn this club into a top 7 side, but Ashley will never allow that. As ever, it's the hope that kills you as an NUFC supporter. Got to enjoy these good wins when they come. :thup:

Rodgers is an oddball isn't he. Good manager but there's something off about him.

He is such an outstanding cunt.

Yup. Something quite smarmy/creepy about the cunt. Also get the feeling he’s a total fraud for some reason

Remember this quote after his Liverpool lost 2-0 to Sunderland

It is great for the public here at Sunderland to see us. They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they have seen. We were wonderful.

I mean maybe gets away with it with sarcasm but I don't think he has it in him  :lol: