Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

:frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

"Still buoyant" suggests to me they might have made more progress, but its not done yet. At least thats how I'm interpreting it.

I wonder what the Bin Zayed Group have been doing with the Premier League because all North East journalists seem to think no fit and proper tests have taken place.

If there is a statement in the next few days whether its good or bad news I hope we know where we stand.

Guest godzilla

Some furious back-peddling in order here.

Not sure what you mean?

Waster hopefully

O0

Sir John Hall was on Tyne Tees a bit earlier. He’s heard from the ‘city’ that BJZ are having to borrow to buy NUFC and he’s doubtful it will happen. He says he believes Ashley needs to sell the club now and is apparently willing to do so.....

sir john can do one.

Ashley didn't do due diligence on the club - but I feel sir john should have done better due diligence on Ashley.

to be told he was buying it to advertise his brand and still sell it to him was stupid.

yeah, the club wouldn't have been where it was if it wasn't for sir john - but he's really fucked us over for selling it to Ashley.

Guest godzilla

Sir John Hall was on Tyne Tees a bit earlier. He’s heard from the ‘city’ that BJZ are having to borrow to buy NUFC and he’s doubtful it will happen. He says he believes Ashley needs to sell the club now and is apparently willing to do so.....

They have provided proof of funds according to BZG. If one person could be an Ashley stooge though it's John Hall, might be unpopular on here but have never forgiven him for selling to Ashley and taking his big profit at the first opportunity and running away. His articles always seem to stick up for Ashley also.

“BZG have engaged tirelessly with Mr Ashley over a period of several months in order to bring the purchase of Newcastle United Football Club Ltd to a successful conclusion. However, during these discussions, we have noted a continuous shifting of the goalposts by the current owner, and as such have realised that a sale would only be concluded once Mr Ashley has passed from this Earth. As such, and with that minor detail in mind, given the total support vociferously and unanimously voiced by the fans, measures are currently in place to remove the obstacle to our successful purchase, and to conclude the deal as quickly as possible in order to appoint a world class manager, and in order to invest significant funding to both the infrastructure and the team.”

Why would a company worth billions need to borrow to buy a football club for £350m? Obviously I'm clueless when it comes to this sort of thing, but that doesn't sound right to me.

Guest The Little Waster

“BZG have engaged tirelessly with Mr Ashley over a period of several months in order to bring the purchase of Newcastle United Football Club Ltd to a successful conclusion. However, during these discussions, we have noted a continuous shifting of the goalposts by the current owner, and as such have realised that a sale would only be concluded once Mr Ashley has passed from this Earth. As such, and with that minor detail in mind, given the total support vociferously and unanimously voiced by the fans, measures are currently in place to remove the obstacle to our successful purchase, and to conclude the deal as quickly as possible in order to appoint a world class manager, and in order to invest significant funding to both the infrastructure and the team.”

The Kashoggi solution ?

Why would a company worth billions need to borrow to buy a football club for £350m? Obviously I'm clueless when it comes to this sort of thing, but that doesn't sound right to me.

He won't have a clue man, ignore him.

Dont know about this case but many companies and businesses borrow instead of using their own assets. Sometimes it's as simple as you have money in the bank earning 3%, it makes more sense to leave it there if you can borrow at 1%.

Guest neesy111

Dont know about this case but many companies and businesses borrow instead of using their own assets. Sometimes it's as simple as you have money in the bank earning 3%, it makes more sense to leave it there if you can borrow at 1%.

The only people who can borrow at 1% are governments.  It'll be done for tax purposes or cash flow as @Shay's Given Tim Flowers says.

The only people who can borrow at 1% are governments.  It'll be done for tax purposes or cash flow as @Shay's Given Tim Flowers says.

Bloody hell man, it was only an example, I could have used 40% and 37.623% but I kept it simple.

How the fuck would SJH know anything, if the 'City' knew anything it would be splattered all over the papers.

If I was looking for additional backers he’d be near the top of my list

Luckily, you’re not :lol:

How the fuck would SJH know anything, if the 'City' knew anything it would be splattered all over the papers.

He shouldnt be. Hes got nowhere near enough for this level even as a bit player

Guest godzilla

How the f*** would SJH know anything, if the 'City' knew anything it would be splattered all over the papers.

Funny that he would be at the bottom of mine.

Haven’t the local press being saying the same things about sources from the ‘city’ tho