Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

This was what was said on page 990 of the last thread and it’s worth rehighligting

Offline last_monetarist

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Various: Mike Ashley agrees sale of NUFC to Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

« Reply #24734 on: Today at 06:21:52 am »

Quote from: Penn on Yesterday at 11:56:32 pm

This guy is a running joke in the UAE - the black sheep/whipping boy of the royal family whose personal wealth is relatively paltry compared to more senior members of the Al Nahyan dynasty. The Liverpool deal fell through because they realised they were dealing with a fantasist who didn't actually have access to the cash being talked about.

This will end in tears one way or another.

Yup, the guy is considered a bit of a laughing stock in the Emirates. The folks at Liverpool were scrambling to disassociate themselves from the story when his side leaked it to the press. I'd consider Mike Ashley a certifiable genius compared to this fella.

I'd advise caution, this isn't a sovereign entity purporting to buy the club. We have harrowing case studies of White Knight owners from the Middle East trying to rebuild two proud English clubs (Forest & Pompey) over the past decade.

Penn posted earlier that he’d made all of that up for banter. I was reeled in by it myself.

Something smells fishy about the Liverpool stuff.

I can’t remember Liverpool at the time saying they couldn’t show proof of funds, those claims only seem to have popped up in the last 24 hours. I remover at the time it was just a rejection of the bid and saying they had no intention of selling.

I'm getting the impression the journalists here are desperate to write about somthing but for the most part if not completely they are in the dark. Just let it sit until the club or the buyer makes a statement.

The buyer has made one though, that the club acknowledged as legit.

Aye but going forward from that statement. Seems to be a lot of guesswork being portrayed as facts at the minute.

Why wasnt the first step checking that they weren't mackems on the wind up. Would have saved time.

Ashley didn't do due diligence when he bought us. He can't be arsed to do things properly. He's just a chancer.

I’m sure I read in the Chronic or another rag that proof of funds was required before Ashley would even discuss anything to get rid of the tyre kickers. It’s all second guessing.

On another note Penfold will be expecting his P45, I wonder who they would bring in to run the show?

Time to start putting pressure on the Bin Zayed Group to come clean about their role in all of this. I won't be investing in any of their real estate, luxury boat, or distance learning products until I know just where we're at. I don't demand that they buy the club, I just demand a Bin Zayed Group that tries.

The interesting part for me is NUFC coming out at least to confirm the statement about agreeing terms is true. Any rumours previous they've said nowt. Could just be gen 2 of Ashley bullshitting. "Oh well we agreed terms but couldn't move on from there". When you have been caught on a lie previous, you need to tell a bigger lie. Wouldn't rule it out of his playbook. That confirmation is a new step, though.

I appreciate you have to take what Pete Graves says with a pinch of salt but we’ve gone from him saying he’s been told they are going to invest HEAVILY in the club and the community to another journalist saying yet to see he has the money.  :idiot2:

I’m sure I read in the Chronic or another rag that proof of funds was required before Ashley would even discuss anything to get rid of the tyre kickers. It’s all second guessing.

I don't think he wanted proof of payment but wanted a huge down payment/deposit before anyone could get close.