Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Will be class when they go back for man u and the media suddenly think they aren't so bad after all.

Was there any type of questioning when they were trying for Manu?

Not sure tbh but I can't remember seeing Amnesty International kicking off and forbes retweeting etc :lol:

Top and bottom of it is, if they took over man u, the sports media would absolutely love it so they could froth over the impending Manchester rivalry.  There would be some absolutely wounded media pricks if it did come off for us.

The last bit might confuse a few like.

“My understanding is that everything that has come out over the weekend is right and that this has progressed to a stage where the finishing line is in sight.

“But, the key point AGAIN is to say that it hasn’t got to the stage where it’s been signed and agreed, even though a lot of things have been agreed during these conversations that have been happening.

“This is something that’s been on the cards for months. My understanding is that this goes back a lot further (than four months).

“Staveley’s interest in the club has never gone away (since her 3 bids two years ago) and this latest incarnation has been around certainly since before Benitez left last summer – but it’s really ramped up in the last few months and weeks.

“Obviously the game changer this time is the involvement in Saudi Arbai’s sovereign wealth funds – and none of this stuff has been denied, whether it’s from the club’s side, or from Ashley’s side or Saudi Arabia.

“So there is a widespread assumption that this is genuine.

“My understanding is that it’s got to the stage it’s pretty much make your mind up time (for Ashley).

“Things like price has been agreed and most of the big details have been agreed – there’s still a few stumbling blocks – but in the context of a deal like this, I think if it was any other kind of deal in the financial world, you’d be pretty much saying it’s done.

“However, this isn’t done…yet…

“Again, everything I’m told is if it doesn’t happen this time, it’s because of one man.

“It’s not some amazingly devious trick from the mind of Keith Bishop. They are genuine people who’ve been trying to buy the club for a long time.”

“It’s not some amazingly devious trick from the mind of Keith Bishop. They are genuine people who’ve been trying to buy the club for a long time.”

lol true.  I think people use the fakeover term broadly.  Some people think it is all bullshit and the buyers either don't really exist or are just playing along (hopefully this is a minority of people) others think that its real but Ashley will just not accept anyway.  I believe it is real, he will sell but wants to sell and keep his cake.

lol true.  I think people use the fakeover term broadly.  Some people think it is all bullshit and the buyers either don't really exist or are just playing along (hopefully this is a minority of people) others think that its real but Ashley will just not accept anyway.  I believe it is real, he will sell but wants to sell and keep his cake.

This is the major stumbling block, it has to be, it's got to a point where he'll either insist on retaining some kind of advertising/merchandising rights or insist on a further balloon payment to remove the 9999999 year contract he gave to SD.

At the end of the day, this is prospective takeover is much bigger than the club. It has the potential to change the city/region.

If that fat cunt gets in the way of that, then he genuinely needs lynching. This could change people’s lives.

I dont know why he just doesnt sell and go buy sunderland for the 30mill or whatever , it would be a good deal/opportunity  for him he could learn from our experience  and the mackems would love him.

I dont know why he just doesnt sell and go buy sunderland for the 30mill or whatever , it would be a good deal/opportunity  for him he could learn from our experience  and the mackems would love him.

They already do.

They could go and buy Sheff Wed, large fan base, ripe for a new stadium and facilities.

At the end of the day, this is prospective takeover is much bigger than the club. It has the potential to change the city/region.

If that fat cunt gets in the way of that, then he genuinely needs lynching. This could change people’s lives.

This.  The potential here is massive.

Would it surprise anyone if he waited till after the transfer window shuts to actually sell ?

wouldn't surprise me one bit if this has broken because the buyers are pushing to have something signed in order to bring in a player or two to ensure we don't get relegated

to answer question i'd also imagine ashley is doing everything he can to fuck it up

Ashleyout have issued a statement

No, it's a joint statement by various fan groups.

It’s not the best. I just don’t see the point in antagonising him, and the last line does exactly that.

They could go and buy Sheff Wed, large fan base, ripe for a new stadium and facilities.

He wont pay for stadiums and facilities though plus sunderland already have those .he wont even need to pay for new seats.