Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Are we at the stage yet, when nothing official is announced and the takeover rumours slowly disappear? Or will it go on for another few days?

I think we’re there now.  It will be a distant memory by the middle of February.

Announced on TDD just to blow off every other piece of news.......and then I woke up 🥴🤔

When he blows the deal whats going to be his excuse ?

He will keep a straight face and cite the Saudis Human Rights abuses

He won't give an excuse. He'll just say that he didn't feel that the club would be taken forward like he expects.

If nothing comes of this, why would you allow Mike Ashley, of all people, to drag your name through the dirt just so that he could save a few quid on transfers?

It's been a very active window for us without anybody going out. Some on high wages will play no part. Our transfer activity whilst it has been loans is unusual for us.

If nothing comes of this, why would you allow Mike Ashley, of all people, to drag your name through the dirt just so that he could save a few quid on transfers?

It's been a very active window for us without anybody going out. Some on high wages will play no part. Our transfer activity whilst it has been loans is unusual for us.

I actually wouldn't be against this year being a formal blueprint for future January windows (well apart from that I would ban loans for Prem teams all together but as that aint happening...). You really are in a market where you need to take a punt on people in Jan so taking on loans with an option to buy is a pretty sensible way of doing things

i really dont see why talks have gone for months.

if the arabs and stavely are really involved, and ashley really wanted to sell then surely it would have been done in weeks.

he's said he wants £350m and they have it. whats to talk about?

ashley doesnt want to sell. its just a fucking laugh to him. drag these uber-rich bastards along and then tell them he's not interested in selling. its all about his ego.

A lot of people guessing it will be done after Friday due to brexit and the fall of the £. You’d think Ashley would want it done before then to get the best deal, or asked to be paid in euros or dollars.

A lot of people guessing it will be done after Friday due to brexit and the fall of the £. You’d think Ashley would want it done before then to get the best deal, or asked to be paid in euros or dollars.

The pound ain't going to fall on Friday, that pricing movement has been and gone. And even if it did have an impact then this has no impact on Ashley's deal if he is being paid in pounds - £350m is still £350m regardless of a FX rate. It is very fair to say that the other party have a vested interest if they are considering an paying for the deal in another currency as £350m may cost them x cents more on a currency movement

If it’s been in the pipeline for months why would Ashley give out 10,000 half season tickets for nothing?

To spite any new owner as they wont then be able to sell them for the rest of the season.

I know it's not but its the type of snide thing he'd do.

If it’s been in the pipeline for months why would Ashley give out 10,000 half season tickets for nothing?

As TV companies don't like empty stadiums and to keep rolling in their lovely £'s it's most cost effective to give away free tickets to get shown on telly more.

It's not worth getting excited about stuff like that because we've been through it all before.

Amanda Staveley could appear on TV in lingerie and with a flashing neon sign that says "I want to buy NUFC" but it all counts for nothing when Ashley will get drunk and pull the plug at the last minute.