Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

In terms of sponsorship we've done all we can to promote his brand. There isn't a person in the country who doesn't know what sports direct is, there is little gain from it unless he's opening stores in other countries, but he seems more focused on home turf and conquering the high Street. So we've used and abused, drained of everything good and all that's left is a shell, if we're to make a bigger impact we need funding which hell not provide so £350m covers his purchase, his loans, around £100m profit and a decade of free advertising which changed SD in to a monster. He's got a lot out of this and could easily lose it all at this point should he say no, bring no one in, ill feeling multiply sending the club on a bad run to the championship. Only this time no fan support and no manager worth a damn to rescue him.

That's the fine line, honestly he'd be mad not to sell, and this is what the message to him should have been from the fans group. Fucking amateurs.

Derek Lambeezy once said "You don't know how nasty we can be". The truth is though Mike has never realised how nasty he could be. He could change the club emblem to Richard Keys' face betwixt two turgid willies and the fans would still turn up. Either that or spiting the fans isn't really that important to him.

The statement will have no bearing on anything. He cares about making money. We're an afterthought.

Ashley should sell us and buy another club at a very cheap price with the money. Surely there is an owner somewhere willing to sell their club and get profit from it. Ashley can make that his new advertising vehicle.

At the risk of sounding like a deluded geordie, there aren't many clubs around that will give him the exposure nufc does, especially a 'cheap' club.

Leeds are the club I worry about as a rival choice for potential buyers. I don't know who owns them now, but they have a big history, and unlike Sunderland, it's a proper city with a big name around the world.

Doubt any statement will have any effect on anything really, if he was actually planning on selling, he still will.  Pretty certain he won't factor in an Ashleyout statement into his decision :lol:

Exactly.

Although he's a petty cunt, he knows that he's never going to get a better offer than this as long as he lives. He'd be crackers to turn this down.

Worth bearing in mind that MA actually loses money personally by giving mates rates to SD for advertising.

How does MA lose that money?  Surely it's the club that loses that money.

'The club' is a company 100% owned by MA. SD is a company c. 60% owned by MA. If he gives away potential future income for new owners, that is reflected in the price he can extract (all other things equal) and shares the benefit with his minority shareholders.

The statement will not have any affect on him, if he even comes across it.

I agree with others, if he does sell, I can see him picking up another club, possibly a Championship one where he can pick them up for about £50m.

I would have said Forest would have been a decent bet for him considering it’s close to Shirebrook, but I’m pretty sure their owners are fairly wealthy.

Either way, he’ll either continue to dirty our door, or do it to someone else’s.

Doubt any statement will have any effect on anything really, if he was actually planning on selling, he still will.  Pretty certain he won't factor in an Ashleyout statement into his decision :lol:

Exactly.

Although he's a petty cunt, he knows that he's never going to get a better offer than this as long as he lives. He'd be crackers to turn this down.

But he has always been unreasonable in his business dealings. You can see it even in our buying and selling policy for players. We expect top dollar for the likes of Gayle but refuse to pay more or less the same amount for Rondon who had a far more proven pedigree at the top level. If he thinks there are Saudis behind this, he will try to screw every penny beyond the final price.

Worth bearing in mind that MA actually loses money personally by giving mates rates to SD for advertising.

How does MA lose that money?  Surely it's the club that loses that money.

'The club' is a company 100% owned by MA. SD is a company c. 60% owned by MA. If he gives away potential future income for new owners, that is reflected in the price he can extract (all other things equal) and shares the benefit with his minority shareholders.

The club barely makes a profit so he'll make more from his smaller holding in SD than he would from his entire holding of NUFC.

Exactly.

But he has always been unreasonable in his business dealings. You can see it even in our buying and selling policy for players. We expect top dollar for the likes of Gayle but refuse to pay more or less the same amount for Rondon who had a far more proven pedigree at the top level. If he thinks there are Saudis behind this, he will try to screw every penny beyond the final price.

Agree, didn't he say something along the lines of "if you've got 100 billion what's 10 million more" the last time with Bin Zayed?

This is nothing but I might be wrong here so correct if that's the case but why do these fakeover stories break over the weekends or a holiday then nothing is said in the days that follow or on working days? I think that BZG story also broke on a weekend or a Bank holiday. This one was also on a Saturday.

This is nothing but I might be wrong here so correct if that's the case but why do these fakeover stories break over the weekends or a holiday then nothing is said in the days that follow or on working days? I think that BZG story also broke on a weekend or a Bank holiday. This one was also on a Saturday.

Lubricated weekend lips sink ships.

Sunday of the Bank Holiday weekend when the mackems lost the Play-Off final!

I get the sentiment of the statement, but it's futile, Ashley knows most supporters want him gone, the statement is moot. What should have been put out there or should be put out there if he stays is an intent to starve the club of support and most importantly money. Supporters need to make a stand once and for all if he stays, this has to be proof that continuing to line his pockets will not see him "eventually sell anyway". A continued and relentless boycott has to be the last and only option to forcibly remove him, not more excuses to line his pockets.

We’re at the crossroads. If he doesn’t sell now, that’s me convinced that he’s not going to sell in the forseeable future, as there can be no ”time wasters” or ”show me the money” excuses this time. If he DOES sell, a different future lies ahead. This is big.

I dont know why he just doesnt sell and go buy sunderland for the 30mill or whatever , it would be a good deal/opportunity  for him he could learn from our experience  and the mackems would love him.

They already do.

He'd do well with them to the point where they are back in the PL tbf. He'd get praise form them, and they would ridicule us about how we could possibly have disliked him. He saved us from oblivion you know….It's only after 2-3 years back in the PL that some of them will realize that there's no desire to push on after promotion even though they seemingly have everything in place to do so, and 2-3 relegation/promotions before it sinks in for the majority. Would be fun to see it unfold. :lol:

I dont know why he just doesnt sell and go buy sunderland for the 30mill or whatever , it would be a good deal/opportunity  for him he could learn from our experience  and the mackems would love him.

They already do.

He'd do well with them to the point where they are back in the PL tbf. He'd get praise form them, and they would ridicule us about how we could possibly have disliked him. He saved us from oblivion you know….It's only after 2-3 years back in the PL that some of them will realize that there's no desire to push on after promotion even though they seemingly have everything in place to do so, and 2-3 relegation/promotions before it sinks in for the majority. Would be fun to see it unfold. :lol:

As long as he keeps his horrific Derby record, I'm fine with it!

There is no way he’ll buy the mackems, not whilst they are in League 1 in anyway.

They are losing money, parachute payments have stopped, there is no money in it for him until the are at least back in to the Championship.