Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Silence is golden. The quieter it’s become the more desperate the national and local rags have gotten to produce bullshit click bait.

They’re struggling to rehash weeks old info at this point.

If it is indeed happening, it means that all parties are doing what they’re supposed to be doing which is doing it quietly.

Silence suits Ashley down to the ground, of course it can’t drag on for ever and he’ll eventually have to come out and say he’s received no bid or some such bollocks.

Still think he’s waiting for his preferred bidder to find the cash which allows him to continue feeding on the corpse of the club into the next decade.

It all sounds similar to Staveley's last attempt, and I think it will end the same way.

I'm left wondering why Staveley feels Ashley is likely to sell to her after the way the last attempt ended. I can see it ending the same way this time too. At this point I honestly don't know what to think of Staveley. She's the only party that has seemed credible in their attempts (BZG was bollocks from the start, although nobody would have that at the time of course). There has to be a slight possibility she's having us on and anyone who discounts that absolutely would be slightly foolish given the history here.

Amanda Staveley talked to the media in February 2019: “We are big fans of Newcastle, big fans of the team,” she said. “We have no issue with Mr Ashley, that (the ”time waster” claim) is water under the bridge. It’s still an interesting club to us, the fans are fantastic...”

Wouldn’t it be foolish to come back a second time to buy the club if you’re not confident to complete it? She made three bids last time. She did business with Mike Ashley. She ate dinner with him. She was called time-waster. Why return if you’re not confident to complete this time?

Remember Amit Bhatia? The chairman at QPR who commented ”good luck with it I’m excited for you” in an article on Twitter about the Reuben brothers involved in the deal. He’s a friend of both James Reuben and Carla DiBello. Both James Reuben and Carla DiBello are said to be involved in the negotiations.

Remember Mike Ashley’s private plane and helicopter who recently vistited Genève (where the Reuben brothers are located) and a place in France very close to Mohammed bin Salman’s mansion.

Oh boy how I want this takeover to happend  :lol:

I’ll never hate fans that much for going, it’s a mad situation to be trapped in. Fans are ‘supposed to’ support their club, although obviously this is based on the premise that the club is trying.

That impulse is why football fans are so easy to exploit.

All fans are easy to exploit.  When there is money involved, the fans always get the shaft, even with amateur sports.  And still we come back...

It all sounds similar to Staveley's last attempt, and I think it will end the same way.

I'm left wondering why Staveley feels Ashley is likely to sell to her after the way the last attempt ended. I can see it ending the same way this time too. At this point I honestly don't know what to think of Staveley. She's the only party that has seemed credible in their attempts (BZG was bollocks from the start, although nobody would have that at the time of course). There has to be a slight possibility she's having us on and anyone who discounts that absolutely would be slightly foolish given the history here.

Amanda Staveley talked to the media in February 2019: “We are big fans of Newcastle, big fans of the team,” she said. “We have no issue with Mr Ashley, that (the ”time waster” claim) is water under the bridge. It’s still an interesting club to us, the fans are fantastic...”

Wouldn’t it be foolish to come back a second time to buy the club if you’re not confident to complete it? She made three bids last time. She did business with Mike Ashley. She ate dinner with him. She was called time-waster. Why return if you’re not confident to complete this time?

Remember Amit Bhatia? The chairman at QPR who commented ”good luck with it I’m excited for you” in an article on Twitter about the Reuben brothers involved in the deal. He’s a friend of both James Reuben and Carla DiBello. Both James Reuben and Carla DiBello are said to be involved in the negotiations.

Remember Mike Ashley’s private plane and helicopter who recently vistited Genève (where the Reuben brothers are located) and a place in France very close to Mohammed bin Salman’s mansion.

Oh boy how I want this takeover to happend  :lol:

0_MHR_MGA_230818newmickey_03.jpg

Silence suits Ashley down to the ground, of course it can’t drag on for ever and he’ll eventually have to come out and say he’s received no bid or some such bollocks.

Still think he’s waiting for his preferred bidder to find the cash which allows him to continue feeding on the corpse of the club into the next decade.

Well depends if you buy the line that Ashley has really remained silent. After the story broke, there was articles about how he was furious that the news had been leaked and how it might scupper the whole deal. I think those sort of 'leaks' only suit him. Of course you could say he hasn't actually said anything in a quote, but going off his previous record, I'm inclined to believe he is bullshitting again. If he is trying to sell, it will be to someone like Kenyon who will allow him to keep his hooks in.

To me, it looks like Stavely (and Kenyon) see value in buying low on Newcastle.    I say low because apparently they believe that Newcastle has great potential for commercial growth:  a large iconic stadium, loyal fans in a one team area and with continental football, the clubs value could increase rather quickly, IMO.

That would mean that she cobbling people together to come up with the needed funds and who ever is jumping on board is doing so in order to maximize their profits.  Buy for 350M, invest 200M sell for ?M

it is easily the most painfully obvious opportunity to anyone.

club value is "high" to would-be buyers because there is SO much money needed in the facilities (SJP renovation, new training centre, new academy), infrastructure in staffing (football and business side in place is apparently bare-bones), and eventually players.

add in the relatively low commercial income as compared to other sides and the opportunity for growth in club value comes from investment in these areas and tieing up lucrative long term commercial partners.

Guest The Little Waster

Ashleys choice : take the money and run or hang on forever , squeezing £ out the club by any means necessary .

The focal point for that decision could be the possibility of another financial crash at which point the TV money for football surely has to fall as well

Guest Howaythetoon

I think the 10k drop off in gates made him shit himself more than any protests ever did and he cannot keep giving away free season tickets. Relegation would be a disaster for his club in terms of attendances and remaining outside of the Premier League for any sustained period would be even worse for him on that front and more so financially. He’ll sell if he gets what he wants in terms of price, how he’ll be paid and what clauses of his any buyer accepts. Of course even then, he could just think, fuck it, I’m changing my mind again, again. See yous in January 2021!?

Guest Howaythetoon

I've stopped trying to apply logic to Ashley's decisions a long time ago though.

Aye its pointless, as is the club while he’s the owner!

Guest The Little Waster

Have to hand it to the Chronic for making the most of virtually nothing must be a laugh a minute in their office wondering how to rewrite week old info for the fourth time

I've stopped trying to apply logic to Ashley's decisions a long time ago though.

The only thing that's for sure is he doesn't really want to sell and that club has only ever been up for sale in name only.

I don't know what his game is with this - roping the Saudi's into it to sell a few season tickets and provide an excuse for the 100millionth transfer window of no spend seems a bit too elaborate. There'll be something in it for him unbeknownst to us.

Been saying since Staveley #1 that its the best chance for Ashley to sell. The club will never be worth more because he'll never invest to maintain this standard and were just waiting to be surpassed. Relegation will always be on the horizon because of this and were one relegation away from sub 30k gates and not guarantee of coming back (less of a draw every time, no Rafa offering services and hope) and a club worth half what it is now and less coin coming his way and a requirement for investment (which will kill the horrible b**tard)