Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Who's the other bidder though. No one else (at least publicly) have said they're in advanced negotiations.

What would they gain by going public with it?

I believe Caulkin a lot more than random arabian Twitter accounts or NUFC ITK's just trying to gather some followers.

Guest godzilla

The Mexicans said they were looking/looked at Newcastle but nothing more than that and think one of the journos referenced them as being one of the parties a week or so ago

Surely if you know of a group or groups in advanced talks you name them if you were a reporter as this is what sells papers. The fact that all we hear is claims from a group does not suggest that they have the facts to back this up.

Who's the other bidder though. No one else (at least publicly) have said they're in advanced negotiations.

Please, please be Vince McMahon. Our entrance on match days would be extraordinary! :D

I believe Caulkin a lot more than random arabian Twitter accounts or NUFC ITK's just trying to gather some followers.

I don't necessarily think there is anything to gain from it, it's just funny how the media (Not saying Caulkin has) are/were quick to dismiss BZG all the while claiming there is other interested parties yet they aren't able to put a name to them.

Caulkin is fairly reliable. However I don’t think he has any contact with BZG or anyone related to them, so therefor doesn’t have access to information over the deal. The thing about Caulkin is he won’t bullshit, so when he says theirs 1 or 2 groups interested but no exclusivity, he’s just going by when he was last updated (which could have been a while ago), and that he doesn’t have access to knowledge over where BZG are at.

I don’t think he’s making stuff up, I just think on this occasion he might be behind the news, and unlike others isn’t prepared to start bluffing.

I don't necessarily think there is anything to gain from it, it's just funny how the media (Not saying Caulkin has) are/were quick to dismiss BZG all the while claiming there is other interested parties yet they aren't able to put a name to them.

Funny? It's pretty logical. If Caulkin (and others) firmly believes there are other bidders in advanced talks, it's easy to see why they are sceptical of one party claiming they are almost done with the purchase.

Whether they have the right or wrong info is another matter but the longer it takes the more it looks like BZG's statements may have been a bit premature / exaggarated.

I don't believe these local journos who are peddling the story that there are other parties that are in the running to buy us. Basically, it's been 4 weeks or maybe nearly a month already since we first learnt about this takeover and BZG going publicly.

All along these local journos have been saying there are others also in the race but who and where the f*** are they then? Atleast say who these parties are or what their status are apart from saying 'aye, we're interested to buy NUFC too' but doing f*** all about it. No leaks from these parties either.

At least BZG have gone out, identified themselves, gave out statements that no-one is denying, given timelines on how far they are in the whole proess etc. They started the process back in April when nee f***er knew anything about it yet the other parties are somehow interested but no one knows anything more about it.

I pointeed out a few weeks back that Douglas was adamant about this other party that he knows nothing about. He seemed like he didn't want this BZG deal to go through as if they had done something to him in the past. The journos were busy digging up the family tree and history of Bin Zayed's family even going as far as to say his grandfather was a murderer etc and he isn't who he says he is yet not one of these journos are digging up about these other interested parties.

To me, BZG are the only one legit in buying the club. Ashley, Rafa and the club have been silent throughout the process which is good, rather than go out denying or confirming things like in the past. Fully expected that it would take time like BZG said in the hands of the Premier League and to be fair, they were confident of it getting completed even from their statements. They could have gone public in April saying 'we are intrested to buy NUFC bla bla bla' but they didn't like these allegedly other parties. So for me, they are the only ones who actually know what is going on, the journos can go f*** themselves with their mystery, imaginary other buyers.

I see we've reverted back to getting angry at journalists mode again. A step backwards in the takeover neurosis.

They deserve all the stick they'll (hopefully) get if this takeover does happen. We're a fan base desperate for some good news or some hope for once, one that has been lied to repeatedly by the owner and his associates, had hopes of takeovers dashed several times already, and we're seemingly at a massive crossroad where if a takeover fails and Rafa goes that's really it for us. So once BZG made an announcement and stated they'd work hard to complete the purchase it should have been nothing but silence or "we don't really know what's happening" articles at best. Instead we get shit like "BZG bids aren't serious", "club sources aren't aware of a bid" or "BZG haven't shown any proof of funds yet" by journalists who either completely made that all up or used sources that they would have known were out of the loop. And yet they went ahead with those stories anyway, pretending they had good inside information whilst knowing full well it'd cause confusion and anguish for said fan base.

Doubt the journalists know anything by the sounds of it. Having said that, I think this will go on for another couple of weeks and end up in nothing. We support Newcastle Utd after all.. Not allowed being happy.

Caulkin knows jack shit, same as all the other journo’s.

Caulkin is straight down the line, he's one of the best covering us.

Then if he knows there are other interested parties, name them.

Perhaps he doesn’t want to, in order to keep his source ‘sweet’ and provide him with further details down the line. It might not be worth his while or best interests to release the name when he could get further things to divulge later. At least he’s saying SOMEthing though, and has been on the money most times previously, as well as taking no bullshit from the club or Ashley.

So BZG told mark Douglas 18 days ago that the PL were doing their checks which take 10-15 days. We’ll assume these are working days so If we believe bzg these should be done if not almost done (which would tie in with the Arab twitter hysteria last night) could we be at the completing phase over next few days?

Caulkin is by far the best but as far as I'm concerned he, along with all the rest, didnt know about the BZG until we did, so why are we going to presume that they know what's going on now?

MA is saying nowt and club sources are either clearly out of the loop or are giving the infamous "no comment" (which adds weight to BZG's claims).

One thing is for sure, BZG think that they are buying the club but do they know who they are dealing with?

So BZG told mark Douglas 18 days ago that the PL were doing their checks which take 10-15 days. We’ll assume these are working days so If we believe bzg these should be done if not almost done (which would tie in with the Arab twitter hysteria last night) could we be at the completing phase over next few days?

'at least 10-15 days' .... whatever is going on, I reckon there's a few more weeks of uncertainty before we get anything of note.

Once this BZG deal goes through, these “journalists” best hold their hands up and apologise for the amount of bullshit they’ve spouted over the last month. Better still, clear your desk, put all your belongings in a box and quit your job. Useless knackers.

Man demands journalists quit jobs, for doing their job.

'at least 10-15 days' .... whatever is going on, I reckon there's a few more weeks of uncertainty before we get anything of note.

Got less than two weeks before Rafa goes sadly

Once this BZG deal goes through, these “journalists” best hold their hands up and apologise for the amount of bullshit they’ve spouted over the last month. Better still, clear your desk, put all your belongings in a box and quit your job. Useless knackers.

Man demands journalists quit jobs, for doing their job badly

Fixed it for you

That James Daggett looks like he has been using "Midhat's" phone number for info.

I cant understand why this bloke would be talking to all and sundry? seems a little off.

Part of me thinks with this going on as long as it has and Rafa not walking, that there must be something in it.

The other part of me thinks if Rafa had signed the one year extension, this would have been drawn out to the end of the window to not invest yet again.. until it was off.

I've an ITK/gobshite/rumourville/bullshit etc. the following:

*Any unofficial leaks to the media would possibly blow the deal apart, some iffy back and forth by both sides which needs a lid kept on it

*Currently going the right way and official date aimed for is the 1st of July

*Rafa to be retained but waiting on this to become official before signing contract, will walk if deal does not go through

*There has been at least two other interested parties. One is still very keen and trying to push in and the other sitting back for now

*There is still plenty of time for Ashley to fuck off the current party for a better offer from the other two interested parties

Make of that what you will, as ever I'm keeping an open mind but can see some truth in what I've heard but still naturally pessimistic when it comes to this club.