Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Steve Bruce - I wasn't good enough to play for Newcastle.

Now I'm no Bruce fan,but he was light years better than the likes of Darren Bradshaw and Benny Kristensen.

He's even wrong when self deprecating ?

Now I'm no Bruce fan,but he was light years better than the likes of Darren Bradshaw and Benny Kristensen.

During the KK years, is he the sort of defender people would have been happy to have at Newcastle?

Particularly 95-96?

I've never really seen clips of him playing, so I've no idea if he'd have been a good fit for that side.

Guest covmag

over the line quotes already man.

2 signings...really?

you can see how this is going, one signing and thats it, spent=nothing

I think he means as a kid, he mentioned how he was let go. Peak Bruce would have been one of the best CBs we’ve ever had you’d think.

During the KK years, is he the sort of defender people would have been happy to have at Newcastle?

Particularly 95-96?

I've never really seen clips of him playing, so I've no idea if he'd have been a good fit for that side.

As a manager I think he is rotten and he has shown himself to be incredibly disloyal so I now also dislike him as a man. But as a player, I thought he was an excellent defender. I detest manu, but in the early 90's him and Pallister were a phenomenal centre back pairing. Bruce used to take penalties as well (which was one thing I thought was great as it was a bit rare to have a central defender take them). If he had decided to come to us as a player, I would likely feel different about him.

Guest neesy111

I see he keeps mentioning that he was offered the job 10 or so years ago.

Was he offered it straight after SBR left (before Souness) or was it after Souness?

Before.

Hopefully will get a couple of signings? Fuck man, we need roughly 5 just to have a first team again after the departures. We have several players who literally are deadwood, or at least were under Rafa, that need moving on and replacing so we actively have a squad of players that can fight for places.

Was he offered it straight after SBR left (before Souness) or was it after Souness?

Before.

And after, I believe... he was offered it again when Souness left, and we ended up giving it to Roeder.

I think most people are watching them out of morbid curiosity, rather than because they're still actually interested in the "club". That's certainly the case for me, anyway.

Before.

Was on the list with the likes of McClaren & Allardyce before we turned to Souness. Scary how they all got here in the fucking end.