Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Poch said he didn’t even talk to his players after the match.

Bruce will def lose some of the dressing room with the old Fergie hairdryer routine. Won’t work in the Premier League in 2019, might have done in 1998 but not now. It’s probably still about in the lower leagues so he might get some traction with it when we’re in league 1 if he’s still about then.

Blaming the players publicly is pure self preservation.  Wonder if he's all "I did this" when we win and "we/they did this" when we lose, haven't noticed.

Think Brummie said when we were appointing Bruce that he will deflect all the blame in his players as soon as things start to unravel and he certainly has.

Can't wait for him to come out and say "My record speaks for itself". More so to see which journalists point out (with the easily available information) that he's one of the all time worst Premier League managers.

Poch, Rafa, the modern managers who understand the intricate workings of the game all seem to have rich, internal lives and a reflective persona. Bruce, Allardyce, PFMs seem like the boozer uncle in your family who spits out every shitty, half-baked thought he has at family gatherings, and wonders why everyone hates him. The former batch live Socratic, examined lives, the latter live solely on humanity's base instincts.

Thinking about something the other day - when was the last time you heard a manager publicly berate his players in the way that Bruce did at the weekend?  It just doesn't happen any more, managers tend to deflect criticism away from players or say something succinct like 'we have to do better' and move on. It very rarely gets to the point where the manager properly lays into the players and talks to the media about getting them back in for a Sunday training session.

I think the last person i can remember doing is was Tony Pulis funnily enough, with guys like Allardyce and Phil Brown before him.

Pochettino's Spurs side got mauled last night at home and in his post match interview he was calm, precise and measured. Even when questioned directly about the players he didn't rant, didn't mention any names and didn't criticise - he just gave a controlled answer and moved on.  Seems that's the way the decent managers do it.

Remember when Carver rinsed Williamson for getting sent off at Leicester. Basically said he got sent off deliberately, absolutely both battels in public. Was amazing tv. Bruce is just getting started, give it to Xmas and he'll be whipping them every week, like hobbled racehorses. Can't wait.

Blaming the players publicly is pure self preservation.  Wonder if he's all "I did this" when we win and "we/they did this" when we lose, haven't noticed.

Was full of compliments for the players after Spurs tbf. All the PFM clichés of course.

Do we know Bruce is a shouter?

He doesn't really strike me as a shouter, but it wouldn't be the worst idea. Let's face it, in all his tv interviews so far he hasn't really produced any insight or shown he has much football knowledge. Shouting his frustration is probably a good outlet if you don't have anything specific to say to the players.

Next week : "50 Reasons why Steve Bruce is sexual dynamite, by Luke Edwards"

"Steve, behind you the club seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

"I've sold front foot attacking football to Wigan, Birmingham and Hull City and by gum it put them on the map"

:lol: :lol:

Jesus wept

“We changed to a back four to see if we are not comfortable with it.

"Tactics and all this nonsense, the big thing is to have a go and show some pride.“

From Rafa, to this ffs. Excellent move Mike, masterstroke.

Jesus wept

“We changed to a back four to see if we are not comfortable with it.

"Tactics and all this nonsense, the big thing is to have a go and show some pride.“

These are genuine quotes? This isnt a piss take?

You can’t listen to that back yourself and think ‘yep I’ve said the right thing there.’

The thing is, barely anyone in the media is challenging him on it. Like I said before, imagine if Mourinho when he was at Man U came out and said "Tactics and all this nonsense, the big thing is to have a go and show some pride", he'd have been absolutely slaughtered in the media.