Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Hate is always a strong word imo. I just think he’s a bit of an oaf and deluded if you think you can come in an demand respect i the way he did off the back of what happened with Rafa and full knowledge of what Ashley is about. He came at the zenith of mediocrity for the club. Perhaps unavoidable and it’s a bit of an aside from his own matchday/TG ability. I hate what his appt represents and that’s reason for him to go on it’s own.

Missed the discussion but genuinely hand on heart no hyperbole, the average clued up football fan could do the job Bruce did. People think it’s stupid to say, but honestly, he openly admitted he doesn’t believe in tactics, his training methods crippled our players, he basically defaulted to rafa’s system. So unless you are completely retarded and everyone hates you, your only job would be to engender team spirit. Pretty easy, just be friendly and let the players take the piss, and you’re good to go. I fail to see any tactical in game decisions he made that benefitted us? The team basically picks itself, and he didn’t sign any of the players, so what is it he actually did. I think there is this weird like “well he’s a football manager so he would know more than us” thing that is not true of people like him or pardew, but it’s absolutely true of elite managers, pep, Rafa, Klopp etc.

Spot on. This is how I see it too.

Bruce was asked if he had considered experimenting with a Christmas Tree formation. "I'm not really into tactics,”

“ In many ways Bruce's decision to make the hot-headed, yellow card-prone Lee Cattermole his captain proved emblematic of a rather gung-ho reign during which players such as David Meyler were rushed back from serious injuries only to suffer further complications, the idea of hiring a sports psychologist was dismissed and the manager boasted about his inability to send an email. While Bruce – who did finally learn how to log on last summer when the club issued him with an iPad – may well argue this lack of computer literacy was hardly relevant, many of his peers spend countless hours checking out the latest sports science innovations, researching transfer targets and analysing Prozone statistics on their increasingly indispensable laptops.”

”Unashamedly old school, Bruce believed that motivation was the key to management ”

”Unlike many modern managers he did not coach the team himself, delegating that job to his assistant, Eric Black. While Bruce's undoubtedly engaging, humour-suffused, personality had a broad appeal, he fell out with quite a few players,”

So he doesn’t coach the team, doesn’t use tactics, doesn’t know how to use a computer, so what is that 2m a year going to? Being a laugh around the training ground (with some exceptions)

It was the same here. On that video of training where St Maximin ran through the whole team and scored, it was the other 2 Steve’s who were doing the ‘coaching’. Bruce just stood there and said ‘ kin ell ‘ when St Maximin scored. He does fuck all man.

Yeah, I think most on here are on your side in this debate.  :lol:

Too right we are.  I have no personal grudge against Bruce, it's just that I think he is an awful football manager.  Some of the performances this season have been embarrassing/disorganized/hilarious.  The bloke does not have a clue!  And I hate the "but we are 13th and in the quarter finals of the FACup" brigade.

The throw in thing is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but there's clearly some thought behind it.

Sorry for the jesus comment btw. No need for that.

Anyway. Hopefully he's gone soon anyway, but I think he can leave with his head held high. Even if the football has been awful.

He can leave with his head held high if that makes him and his supporters feel better. As long as he's gone I can wait until he drags some other team down in a year or two. It will be the same as Pardew, Newcastle fans got criticised for slating him as well, but we always knew we were right. We will be proven right here as well.

Bruce was asked if he had considered experimenting with a Christmas Tree formation. "I'm not really into tactics,”

“ In many ways Bruce's decision to make the hot-headed, yellow card-prone Lee Cattermole his captain proved emblematic of a rather gung-ho reign during which players such as David Meyler were rushed back from serious injuries only to suffer further complications, the idea of hiring a sports psychologist was dismissed and the manager boasted about his inability to send an email. While Bruce – who did finally learn how to log on last summer when the club issued him with an iPad – may well argue this lack of computer literacy was hardly relevant, many of his peers spend countless hours checking out the latest sports science innovations, researching transfer targets and analysing Prozone statistics on their increasingly indispensable laptops.”

”Unashamedly old school, Bruce believed that motivation was the key to management ”

”Unlike many modern managers he did not coach the team himself, delegating that job to his assistant, Eric Black. While Bruce's undoubtedly engaging, humour-suffused, personality had a broad appeal, he fell out with quite a few players,”

So he doesn’t coach the team, doesn’t use tactics, doesn’t know how to use a computer, so what is that 2m a year going to? Being a laugh around the training ground (with some exceptions)

It was the same here. On that video of training where St Maximin ran through the whole team and scored, it was the other 2 Steve’s who were doing the ‘coaching’. Bruce just stood there and said ‘ kin ell ‘ when St Maximin scored. He does fuck all man.

Must be a shit job that. You have to set up a team someone else chooses then he goes and takes all the plaudits off his mates in the press pack if you win.

Just thinking, how weird is it going to be, assuming the takeover goes through, watching Bruce as our manager for the remaining games? He's going to look absolutely redundant. Well, even more so than usual.

Just thinking, how weird is it going to be, assuming the takeover goes through, watching Bruce as our manager for the remaining games? He's going to look absolutely redundant. Well, even more so than usual.

He'll crack as he'll be under massive pressure. He'll know that he's on borrowed time and that every eye is on him. Could be horrendous to watch.

He'll crack as he'll be under massive pressure. He'll know that he's on borrowed time and that every eye is on him. Could be horrendous to watch.

Na, the cunt will probably win all remaining games. :lol:

Given the infrastructure changes needed, the sooner this twat is binned the better. If the season restarts, will be much better to give a new man the time to plan and prepare for next season. There won’t be any sort of meaningful pre-season for preparations for any prospective new manager anyway, so get the cabbage cunt out ASAP.

Na, the cunt will probably win all remaining games. :lol:

And I'll happily put it down to the plays trying to prove themselves rather than giving Bruce any credit :lol:

Given the infrastructure changes needed, the sooner this twat is binned the better. If the season restarts, will be much better to give a new man the time to plan and prepare for next season. There won’t be any sort of meaningful pre-season for preparations for any prospective new manager anyway, so get the cabbage cunt out ASAP.

this, get fucking rid asap - ID the new manager first by all means but you'd really hope that's already been done in the background, there is no reason whatsoever to keep this clown on any longer

If Pochettino is the top target then don’t we have to wait until June to get him for nothing? Training is due back on 18th May so it would only be 2 weeks until he could link up with the team.

I guess we’ll get an answer this week on whether the league will restart so that will give us a better idea of the timescales between now and the restart, as well as the period between this season finishing and next season starting.

As mentioned above, it looks like we’ll have a shorter pre season so surely it’s better to get a new manager in for the last few games and assess the squad? I think it will give us a much better chance of doing well next season.

100000% this for me too!

Luckiest manager we’ve ever had!