Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Sorry like, but these comments have made me fucking furious. Just reeks of the arsehole wanting to save face because, no doubt, there were absolutely no provisions or plans to keep players fit during lockdown. So fucking amateur. Sunday league stuff.

i hate bruce as much as the next person but i'd be amazed if the club didn't give them a fitness regime like :lol:

toon25 talks some absolutely shite like  :lol:

Let’s see when the season restarts shall we.

I’m sure he’s spearheaded a rigorous fitness regime supported by up to date sports science research.

Come on man. You said "no provisions or plans to keep players fit during lockdown."

An insane comment. The players will clearly have fitness plans.

So this is the hill you want to die on?  Really?

NO never forgets, remember.

The board has been saying Bruce over-trains the players all season.  :lol:

We've had a fair share of injuries, and most posters have been saying we're doing TOO MUCH fitness work (and I'm not saying that's incorrect - we probably have).

We're going to have solo fitness plans for the players. So what is it Loki? We don't do fitness or we do?

What is it with you and the black and white questions?  Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Sorry like, but these comments have made me fucking furious. Just reeks of the arsehole wanting to save face because, no doubt, there were absolutely no provisions or plans to keep players fit during lockdown. So fucking amateur. Sunday league stuff.

i hate bruce as much as the next person but i'd be amazed if the club didn't give them a fitness regime like :lol:

I’m sure he’s spearheaded a rigorous fitness regime supported by up to date sports science research.

Come on man. You said "no provisions or plans to keep players fit during lockdown."

We've had a fair share of injuries, and most posters have been saying we're doing TOO MUCH fitness work (and I'm not saying that's incorrect - we probably have).

We're going to have solo fitness plans for the players. So what is it Loki? We don't do fitness or we do?

What is it with you and the black and white questions?  Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

It's a fair question. Toon25 was basically saying the players will be doing fuck all, with no fitness plans at all.

I disagree, and you're asking me if that's the hill I want to die on? I back up my argument with evidence.

Most of the board has been complaining (rightly so) about the injuries, and Bruce doing too much fitness work (again a fair point).

You can't then say, there will be no solo fitness programmes for the players. Makes no sense.

Looks like you cant actually get out of that room without moving the desk

but thats not his fault. the previous manager had left him that formation and he didnt have the appropriate furniture to move it around. he tried, but it looked awful. so he's gonna leave like that, slowly get a few more pieces in and move the furniture around very slowly till he's got it how he wants it.

Id say that between Arsenal 4-4 and The summer after we finished 5th there was probably for all that time a slight majority on this forum in favour of Pardew as manager. You couldn’t just target Ian W for that one!

As useless as I think Bruce is, there is a department of fitness staff at the club and the players will obviously have been given fitness regimes to follow during the lockdown. It's still a Premier League football operation - not a good one - but at least the minimum requirements will have been done. It's just a question of how effective they are. Which I imagine not very. For instance if, when we start up again, ASM pulls his hamstring after his first meaningful sprint, like that Spurs away game, would I be surprised? No. But it doesn't mean he wasn't given a fitness regime to follow for the past two months.

As useless as I think Bruce is, there is a department of fitness staff at the club and the players will obviously have been given fitness regimes to follow during the lockdown. It's still a Premier League football operation - not a good one - but at least the minimum requirements will have been done. It's just a question of how effective they are. Which I imagine not very. For instance if, when we start up again, ASM pulls his hamstring after his first meaningful sprint, like that Spurs away game, would I be surprised? No. But it doesn't mean he wasn't given a fitness regime to follow for the past two months.

Correct. The club still has a decent (not great) fitness and medical set up. The difference is in how their advice is used - Rafa trusted the advice and the data - Bruce prefers to go with a players gut feeling and hence has often caused further injuries buy playing clearly not match fit or fully recovered players.

Correct. The club still has a decent (not great) fitness and medical set up. The difference is in how their advice is used - Rafa trusted the advice and the data - Bruce prefers to go with a players gut feeling and hence has often caused further injuries buy playing clearly not match fit or fully recovered players.

Fair points.

Id say that between Arsenal 4-4 and The summer after we finished 5th there was probably for all that time a slight majority on this forum in favour of Pardew as manager. You couldn’t just target Ian W for that one!

definitely.

the results were better than the performances though.

I didnt like Pardew but could put up with him as we had some decent players who seemed to be winning matches.

And I thought the summer transfers would improve us still further.

Sorry, but this is nonense.  He fell out with ASM earlier in the season for doing the exact opposite of what you suggest here. :lol:

I love Stevie Bacon and I want to bum him and eat Greggs pasties together after.

Whatever floats your boat, mate.

It's a fair question. Toon25 was basically saying the players will be doing fuck all, with no fitness plans at all.

I disagree, and you're asking me if that's the hill I want to die on? I back up my argument with evidence.

Most of the board has been complaining (rightly so) about the injuries, and Bruce doing too much fitness work (again a fair point).

You can't then say, there will be no solo fitness programmes for the players. Makes no sense.

Perhaps I should have qualified by saying ‘match fit’, but look, at the end of the day, there’s no trust or faith on my part that this current regime is capable of adequately preparing players for a season restart.

Anyway, we’ll have to wait and see, won’t we.

Perhaps I should have qualified by saying ‘match fit’, but look, at the end of the day, there’s no trust or faith on my part that this current regime is capable of adequately preparing players for matches.

Anyway, we’ll have to wait and see, won’t we.

Fair enough.

I love Loki's Tuna dishes and I want to cuddle him and eat more Tuna together after. Tuna, potatoes, mayo, gravy, bit more Tuna, with grilled cheese on the top would be perfect.

I love the feeling of his cabbage bum cheeks on my face.