Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Carrick18

Tommy Elphick with a less than glowing appraisal of Steve (via the Athletic).

https://theathletic.com/1810172/

“But for so long (after) I just didn’t know where I stood with Steve. The bottom line is he just didn’t rate me, but I wish he would have told me that so I could have proved him wrong (by playing) elsewhere.”

All seemed well for Elphick. He was on the bench for the next two games before discussing the future further with Bruce later in January as the transfer window had opened.

“I have the same conversation with him and leave the office with his last words: ‘You’re not going anywhere, you’re staying’ in my head,” Elphick continues. “I said: ‘Great, let’s stick together and get promoted’.

“So then I go and have my lunch, get into the car and my phone starts going off with an unrecognised number flashing up. It’s Mick McCarthy (then Ipswich manager). He says: ‘I want to know where your head is at. Brucie has told me that he’s not having you and that I can take you on loan’.

“I said: ‘Are you sure? I’ve just left his office!’ That was my time under Steve, I didn’t know whether I was coming or going!

“I’d go back and see him and ask him what all of it was about and he would say that he was just trying to do what was best by me and that he was leaving all the options available (as the transfer window was open and he wasn’t playing).”

“But for so long (after) I just didn’t know where I stood with Steve. The bottom line is he just didn’t rate me, but I wish he would have told me that so I could have proved him wrong (by playing) elsewhere.”

All seemed well for Elphick. He was on the bench for the next two games before discussing the future further with Bruce later in January as the transfer window had opened.

“I have the same conversation with him and leave the office with his last words: ‘You’re not going anywhere, you’re staying’ in my head,” Elphick continues. “I said: ‘Great, let’s stick together and get promoted’.

“So then I go and have my lunch, get into the car and my phone starts going off with an unrecognised number flashing up. It’s Mick McCarthy (then Ipswich manager). He says: ‘I want to know where your head is at. Brucie has told me that he’s not having you and that I can take you on loan’.

“I said: ‘Are you sure? I’ve just left his office!’ That was my time under Steve, I didn’t know whether I was coming or going!

“I’d go back and see him and ask him what all of it was about and he would say that he was just trying to do what was best by me and that he was leaving all the options available (as the transfer window was open and he wasn’t playing).”

Clearly show Steve works hard overtime to ensure all scenarios are planned for.

Clearly has an open door policy to support his players.

Clearly shows Steve cares for players beyond even what the player and he himself even thinks.

Proactive, innovative a friend for every occasion. Steve Bruce.  #justiceforsteve

Steve Bruce being disingenuous. Colour me absolutely fucking flabbergasted.

That story sums up Bruce's lack of spine to a tee. Couldn't tell Elphick to his face he didn't want him, waited until he was out of his office before trying to get rid of him. Mr Nice Guy.

To tag another little snippet on.

“(But at Villa) I always felt myself coming away from training thinking ‘what are we aiming for here, what are we going for?’ I struggled with that for a bit.”

I guess that's what the players at Newcastle struggle a bit with too. Under Rafa they all, likely, had a sense of purpose and a shared vision, now everything seems rather vague.

Redknapp: Give Bruce a chance.

Bruce:

You have to remember that they have had eight weeks off and that is probably the longest break some of these players have had in their careers

Jose:

"I am extremely proud of the way my players have maintained their fitness - they have shown great professionalism, passion and dedication.

"We have all been working extremely hard through remote squad training sessions and isolated running now the pitches are available to use again at the training centre.

"Every player has been extremely committed in terms of their individual work and now we wait for clearance to commence working in small groups again, which I will fully support."

I've changed my mind. If/when we get taken over he should be given a chance.

I want him to stand in front of his new employers and explain to them the innovative sports science he would implement to further the team's continual improvement.

Fuck it. Let's get the process televised and see how he compares to the other candidates. I'm sure we'll realise how hard done by safe pair of hands dear ol' Blighty managers have been down the years.

There's no doubt we'll be one of the less prepared teams. Even in normal circumstances, Charnley and Brucey are hardly proactive leaders - can imagine their motivation levels during lockdown when they know they're off soon.

Without fans, football changes slightly. Tactics, mentality and game management become even more important (and visible). In general our team doesn't rely on those. What carries us, apart from Dubravka and ASM is team spirit, fight and gritty defending, so we're disadvantaged without crowds.

So yeah, It's vital that the takeover goes through before the season starts. Even from this position, Brucey is very capable to get relegated and fuck everything up. Just hope our players have been professional enough to not get super fat and we see this through.

There's no doubt we'll be one of the less prepared teams. Even in normal circumstances, Charnley and Brucey are hardly proactive leaders - can imagine their motivation levels during lockdown when they know they're off soon.

Without fans, football changes slightly. Tactics, mentality and game management become even more important (and visible). In general our team doesn't rely on those. What carries us, apart from Dubravka and ASM is team spirit, fight and gritty defending, so we're disadvantaged without crowds.

So yeah, It's vital that the takeover goes through before the season starts. Even from this position, Brucey is very capable to get relegated and fuck everything up. Just hope our players have been professional enough to not get super fat and we see this through.

Agree with all of this. It’s why they first thing any new owners need to do is sack the fat cunt on the spot.

I doubt any of the players give a flying fuck what Steve thinks, the only people who seem to care are generally football journalists. Danny Rose summed up quite nicely how seriously they take football under this manager.

“Government is saying ‘bring football back’ because it is going to boost the nation’s morale. I don’t give a fuck about the nation’s morale, bro, people’s lives are at risk,” he said.

“Football shouldn’t even be spoke about coming back until the numbers have dropped massively. It’s bollocks.”

Sorry like, but these comments have made me fucking furious. Just reeks of the arsehole wanting to save face because, no doubt, there were absolutely no provisions or plans to keep players fit during lockdown. So fucking amateur. Sunday league stuff.

Looking the picture of health too:

EYNubVGXgAE6wL-?format=jpg&name=small

Aye there is no excuse for them being unfit, just a total lack of leadership.

Can’t wait til this cunt is back in the Championship, where even then he is out of his depth.

He reckons other PL managers share his view. We don't know that of course, because none of them have said it publicly. At a guess I'd say it might be relegation threatened clubs where this view is prevalent.

I have got no real issue with Bruce although he simply doesn't have the skill set that a decent manager has.

Mike would never have paid the going rate to bring a decent manager in and that is not Bruces fault. He probably thinks hes doing us a service keeping us up

Can understand lacking match sharpness of course and also a dip in fitness... you would imagine training at home by yourself doesn't have the same intensity as it does when in the group, but the 5 subs per team rule the Bundesliga put in place solves that to a large degree. 6 weeks is excessive, could understand 2.

We'll soon see how well our fitness regime has carried into lockdown once they're up against their peers. If the initial season is anything to go by I've very little faith that our lot will come anywhere close to our opponents. We went from having hardly any injuries under Rafa to muscle injuries every other week under Bruce.

Can understand lacking match sharpness of course and also a dip in fitness... you would imagine training at home by yourself doesn't have the same intensity as it does when in the group, but the 5 subs per team rule the Bundesliga put in place solves that to a large degree. 6 weeks is excessive, could understand 2.

It just seems insane that the Bundesliga is already up and running, yet we have managers talking about being 6 weeks away from restarting the PL. I don't know if that is down to German efficiency or inept leadership from the govt at home. Or just Steve Bruce being a fat pillock tbh.