Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

And having Almiron for a full season rather than a quarter of it.

Yeah but he hasn't played as well. The players not playing as well is on them, and them alone. Bruce has done a good job if you think about how the players have decided to use their own shitty tactics.

Yeah but he hasn't played as well. The players not playing as well is on them, and them alone. Bruce has done a good job if you think about how the players have decided to use their own shitty tactics.

They've played to their standard. Rafa got them exceeding their ability.

Good managers are capable of that.

Just look at the number of players that went on to better things once Fergie was finished with them.

Edit: Calling him Fergie seems incorrect. I'm certain that was his affectionate nickname during his career, and yet now it doesn't seem right, at all.

That was weird. I'm okay now but that was weird.

He has done okay this season. No Perez and Rondon is clearly is a massive loss (which has been underplayed all season on this board). We got lucky, but we had some good wins. Worried pre-season but we were safe a third of the way through the season. Football was super s*** at home too many times but 11 wins and 11 draws with a game to go is fine. Clearly we need the takeover and a new manager to progress but Bruce hasn't been a "failure". Obviously no takeover or new manager will be rattled this season but so vital we stayed up this season. So so important.

He's benefitted massively from taking over a Rafa coached squad, even if he has made them shitter along the way.

Rondon and Perez scored 25 goals combined. Joelinton scored 2. Don't care about transfer fees. There is -23 goals there. That's huge.

I'll never accept the Joelinton argument because Bruce being the manager is one reason why he's been our first choice striker all season.

Bottom line Joelinton scored 2 goals. We are 23 goals down on Rondon and Perez. You can't gloss over it.

That's just a riff on the injuries argument, "nothing can be done" etc. Ignores the fact Bruce has injury crises at every club he manages and in Joelintons case assumes no other manager could get more than two goals out of him and also assumes he'd have got 25 goals from Rondon & Perez, which he absolutely would not have done.

Guest chopey

Last games of the season tend to throw up crazy results I wonder if Liverpool turn up on Sunday, get an early goal and then hammer us, it would be a fitting send off for Bruce.

Last games of the season tend to throw up crazy results I wonder if Liverpool turn up on Sunday, get an early goal and then hammer us, it would be a fitting send off for Bruce.

Bruce will be the manager next season.

They've played to their standard. Rafa got them exceeding their ability.

Good managers are capable of that.

Just look at the number of players that went on to better things once Fergie was finished with them.

Edit: Calling him Fergie seems incorrect. I'm certain that was his affectionate nickname during his career, and yet now it doesn't seem right, at all.

That was weird. I'm okay now but that was weird.

Ok, I obviously need to use safety winks today.

:jesuswept:

:facepalm:

We need two new ones given Carroll is staying. Joelinton & Gayle aren’t good enough so those both need replaced. Might have got away with being able to keep one of those if Carroll had been released (one maybe being a budget squad player and the other the main striker) but no way can we go another season with 2 of the 3 forwards being from those 3.

:jesuswept:

:facepalm:

We need two new ones given Carroll is staying. Joelinton & Gayle aren’t good enough so those both need replaced. Might have got away with being able to keep one of those if Carroll had been released (one maybe being a budget squad player and the other the main striker) but no way can we go another season with 2 of the 3 forwards being from those 3.

Surely Muto is off too

He has done okay this season. No Perez and Rondon is clearly is a massive loss (which has been underplayed all season on this board). We got lucky, but we had some good wins. Worried pre-season but we were safe a third of the way through the season. Football was super s*** at home too many times but 11 wins and 11 draws with a game to go is fine. Clearly we need the takeover and a new manager to progress but Bruce hasn't been a "failure". Obviously no takeover or new manager will be rattled this season but so vital we stayed up this season. So so important.

He's benefitted massively from taking over a Rafa coached squad, even if he has made them shitter along the way.

Rondon and Perez scored 25 goals combined. Joelinton scored 2. Don't care about transfer fees. There is -23 goals there. That's huge.

Let’s give Kenny Dalglish a reprieve since Shearer & Ferdinand scored 41 goals between them in 96/97 but Shearer & Tomasson only scored 5 the next season. Bore off man.

Shearer and Tomasson barely played in that season. Shearer had a horrific injury.  :rolleyes:

I get you hate Bruce. Fine. But no Perez and Rondon is a big loss, and you not accepting that makes you like silly.

Joelinton is utter gash man. Would he have scored a few more under Rafa? Probably. But we all have eyes, we've all seen him all season- his first touch gives me anxiety. He's turd.

If we'd kept Rondon and Perez, I don't think they'd be as productive under Bruce, but they'd get 15-17 goals between them. Even just keeping Rondon he'd get at least 8 league goals for us. 4 times as much as Joelinton, who again scored 2 fucking goals. :lol:

Let’s give Kenny Dalglish a reprieve since Shearer & Ferdinand scored 41 goals between them in 96/97 but Shearer & Tomasson only scored 5 the next season. Bore off man.

Shearer and Tomasson barely played in that season. Shearer had a horrific injury.  :rolleyes:

I get you hate Bruce. Fine. But no Perez and Rondon is a big loss, and you not accepting that makes you like silly.

Joelinton is utter gash man. Would he have scored a few more under Rafa? Probably. But we all have eyes, we've all seen him all season- his first touch gives me anxiety. He's turd.

If we'd kept Rondon and Perez, I don't think they'd be as productive under Bruce, but they'd get 15-17 goals between them. Even just keeping Rondon he'd get at least 8 league goals for us. 4 times as much as Joelinton, who again scored 2 fucking goals. :lol:

As someone pointed out, Rondon didn’t perform like he did last season under Benitez under Pardew & Pulis, what makes you think Bruce would have been more like Benitez than the other two based on watching his career as a manager for two decades?

And you could add Shearer, Tomasson, Barnes, Rush, Asprilla, Ketsbaia & Andersson combined not just those two. Shearer had a big injury, Carroll is injury prone. Tomasson was new to the league, Joelinton is new to the league. Dalglish lost Ginola, Elliott & Ferdinand, Bruce lost Rondon & Perez. I don’t hear Dalglish being given the same half-arsed excuses Bruce gets now that he looks like he might miss out on the More Points Trophy.

As someone pointed out, Rondon didn’t perform like he did last season under Benitez under Pardew & Pulis, what makes you think Bruce would have been more like Benitez than the other two based on watching his career as a manager for two decades?

And you could add Shearer, Tomasson, Barnes, Rush, Asprilla, Ketsbaia & Andersson combined not just those two.

I said I don't think he'd be as productive under Bruce. But he at least would've scored 8 goals, which again is four times as many goals as Joelinton.

Joelinton has been a disaster.

If your main £40M new striker scores 2 league goals, survey says: you're getting fucking relegated.

And you could add Shearer, Tomasson, Barnes, Rush, Asprilla, Ketsbaia & Andersson combined not just those two. Shearer had a big injury, Carroll is injury prone. Tomasson was new to the league, Joelinton is new to the league. Dalglish lost Ginola, Elliott & Ferdinand, Bruce lost Rondon & Perez. I don’t hear Dalglish being given the same half-arsed excuses Bruce gets now that he looks like he might miss out on the More Points Trophy.

We still finished 2nd in 1996-1997 season. We were in the Champions League in 1997-1998 season man - the squad was better than the one we have today.

We still finished 2nd in 1996-1997 season. We were in the Champions League in 1997-1998 season man - the squad was better than the one we have today.

Add 40 goals to the 97/98 team that Dalglish effectively lost. Same argument you’re applying to Bruce isn’t it?

You say this as if Rondon and Perez still would’ve scored 25 goals that season had Bruce been in charge.  They both had personal record scoring seasons as far as their premier league careers are concerned.  I’m pretty confident that was largely because they were working for Rafa Benitez.  Put those 2 in a Steve Bruce team and i’d bet that Rondon would look isolated like he did at WBA under Pulis, and Perez would probably be benched after a few games.

Award winning post.